Chapter 36: Keefe

Yayyyy Keefey. 

I awoke from the drugged oblivion to find peace. Silence. Pitch black darkness. The silence became deafening. Quickly. 

"Foster?" I asked quietly. When no response came, I asked again, but louder. "Foster?"

After a second, that angelic voice echoed to me. "Keefe?" 

"Yeah?" I responded, proud of my voice for not shaking. 

"Oh my gods. Keefe!" She exclaimed. I heard the sound of footsteps, and then two arms were around my neck, hugging me tightly. I wrapped my arms around her and Sophie sobbed, and I just held her. 

"Oh my gods, oh my gods." She kept mumbling, until she finally said, "I thought-I thought something happened to you when I couldn't hear you or find you and you were hurt and I just didn't know what happened—" 

As my vision slowly adjusted, I could make out her face faintly. I carefully placed my hands on her warm cheeks. I smirked to myself. I made the Great Sophie Foster-Ruewen blush. 

"But I'm not. We're both alive. I know your family won't stop until they find us."

"But..." I could see her biting her lip, fear filling her eyes. I'd do anything to erase that look from her face. So, logically, I kissed her. I don't know how much time passed, but Sophie pulled away, her chest rising and falling heavily. I almost smiled, until I saw I panic, unease, and regret flooding Sophie's face. Yep. I got the fear off her face. Only for it to be replaced by much worse. She tried to subtly scoot away from me, but I definitely noticed. She started mumbling to herself, but in the dark space, I heard everything. 

"No. No. No no no no. No Sophie! Remember what he told you! You have him. Remember? Oh gods Sophie don't forget. He'd be furious. And you don't particularly want to get into another fight. Princess. Princess Sophie. Princess Sophie Foster. Princess Sophie Foster-Ruewen. Don't forget who you are and who you have."

Who was he? Why was someone ordering around the Princess? She can do whatever she pleases and yet someone is still controlling her somehow. 

Then the mumbling stopped and Sophie stood up. 

"Come on," she said quietly. "We're getting out of here."

Oooooooooooh. Don't worry, you'll find out who the blonde woman is soon. Probably the next chapter. Annnnywayyyyyy, I'll be going on my break now, and I'll only be updating if I get a sudden idea and have to write it down. I hope you guys liked this chapter, and I'll see you all soon! 

(Edit: uhh she's like going insane what-😭😂)