39 - prison break

✧ ✧

✧ ✧

"Delilah honey I have some food for you. May I come in?" I hear my mother's voice echo through the as I shut the book I was trying my best to focus on. I had run out of ways to try to escape so around three hours ago I finally caved and opened the first book I grabbed. Unfortunately for me, I hadn't even finished reading the first page.

"are you going to let me out of here when you drop the food off or are you going to just let me rot in here forever?" I say with a sour tone and I hear her scoff softly. "Delilah are you going to be difficult about this?"

"Mom you fucking locked me in my room for Christ's sake! I have a right to be angry with you and dad. No to mention him pulling a one eighty on me staying here and pretending like nothing happened at all." I glower as the sound of the door unlocking fills my ears and her face appears in the doorway holding a smoothie.

"Del your father and I are just trying to protect you. John B already killed the sherif and who's to say that he won't come after you because your father is first in line of succession. Plus not to mention that you are in quite a compromised state right now considering the baby." she shuts the door behind her, sliding into spot next to me on my bed.

"Mom, John B would never do anything to hurt me, okay? He's been a really good friend to me and Sarah and he didn't murder the sherif, Ward Cameron did." I feel my mother touch my shoulder tenderly, sending me a worried look before she stands up, shaking her head.

"Cash was right, they have brainwashed you. Now drink this and I'll be back to check up on you in a little while." she states before abruptly leaving, locking the door behind her before I can even get a word out.

I'm living in a house full of insane people.

knowing I'm not winning this battle, I flop back down onto my grey comforter, setting the smoothie on my nightstand. There is no way in hell I'm drinking anything that my mother made, god knows what she put in it.

I lay back onto my bed, attempting to rub the exhaustion from my eyes. several nights of not sleeping mixed with not only with this gold business but also growing a human being is really starting to get to me.

my feet ache, my throat is so raw from all of the stomach acid that keeps passing through it and every time I close my eyes I'm terrified something bad is going to happen. I literally cannot win.

"Hey bubs," a soft voice breaks the silence and I almost jump out of my skin as my brown eyes flash open. there, standing beside me is JJ, still wearing the exact same clothes he had on yesterday. "JJ what the actual hell? what are you doing here?!"

"I'm obviously here for the tea party. Can't you tell by my attire?" he jokes but no reaction crosses my face as my arms fold over my chest.

"we're here to break you out dipshit. Why else would we be here?"