Chapter 7

____________________________________

Reign White
____________________

We walked in the living room, where two newcomers stood, whom I recognised as our eldest brother, Alexander, and our grandfather, Howard. With similar features and cold auras, both of them were exact copies of each other, with little resemblance to Nicholas.

River had just arrived downstairs, as he walked towards me and joined Xavier, both of them standing a step behind me.

Nicholas saw us gestured towards the newcomers.

"Twins, this is your eldest brother, Alexander, and your grandfather, Howard." Nicholas introduced, as both of them looked at us. Howard looked comparatively warmer, with salt and pepper hair like Houston, while Alexander closely resembled an ice cube.

"Welcome to your new home, little ones, hope we get along." Howard said, as Alexander gave us a nod of acknowledgement.

"Oh, my God, this family is literally the definition of awkward. And seriously, never mind Alex, cousins, getting a reaction from big bad Cavanaugh is a tedious task. Anyway, the dinner must be ready by now, let's get to the table, people." Adrian announced, as most of the people sighed.

The family walked towards the dining room, as Ethan went towards the backside of the house.
Xavier must've noticed me looking in that direction, as he leaned closer to me.

"The servant quarters are in the south wing, and our meals are made in the main kitchen which is there. Ethan mostly overlooks the food, so he's probably gone to check it out." He whispered, and I nodded.

Just then, I felt a cold gaze on me, as I looked up to see Alexander staring at me, as I stared back with a calm gaze, which shocked him. Our staring competition was cut short as Adrian came in with his phone in hand

"Dad's saying that mom will come back tomorrow, so they'll visit with Aunt Noelle and Uncle Owen tomorrow itself." Adrian said, and Nicholas nodded.