40

( This (~~~) is the new timeskip design)

When Maki was finally given the chance to mourn her friend, she re visited Lillians grave for the first time since her funeral. 

Terence-- Lillians uncle, the same who stopped her from killing Randock-- Accompanied her and was standing a small distance from her to give her some privacy. 

Maki spoke to the ground, as if Lillian could hear her, but it wasn't like Maki believed in spirits, or ghosts or any of that, she just wanted to talk. If she couldn't talk to humans, she might as well speak to the grave.

She explained how randock was in jail, serving his sentence, and despite the large amount of proof given to the court he was only given 10-15 years in the prison, with parole. It enraged Maki, but she knew it was because Randock was of the countries superior race, while Lillian was only half of such.

It was the cruel reality of this world, which she seemed to be reminded every single day. As she walked away from the cemetery, Maki froze for a split second and walked back, placing a book on the grave.

"Originally, I was going to give this to you for your birthday..." She sniffed. "t's full of pictures of things you love, a-and I'm in there too. I'm not dumb, I know you loved me. So thank you for that."

And despite all of it, she smiled, her eyes crinkling with a new kindness that would affect many in the future.

"Thank you for showing me kindness, Lillian."

(~~~)

When the young brown haired girl arrived to the place she called home, despite it never feeling like such, she was awarded with two seething adults.

They were angry. For what, she didn't know. She could only assume it was because she had gained the attention of the media, and disrupted the "Peace" of their house.

She was right on spot for that assumption.

"She was my friend!" She argued, a rare thing for her to do against the two. Surprisingly, instead of hitting her right away, her father swallowed a large amount of alcohol from the bottle he was holding and looked at her with lidded eyes.

"You sure you didn't just... Kill her?" He snorted, as if what he had just said was hilarious.

 A new rage arose in Maki that she never knew could settle in her. For a split second she thought about that but shook it off. The guilt she felt was for not being able to help Lillian but she knew she didn't kill Lillian. She would never hurt Lillian, even if she forgot who the girl was, her body would never move to raise a single finger on Lillian. So hearing what Mr. Night had to say about her friends suicide, made her angered.

"Why would you ever think I did that?!" She hit him, but it did nothing but anger him, a mistake on her part but she couldn't help it. 

He lifted the hand the held his glass bottle and swung it at her face, breaking it and allowing the glass to cut deeply into the side of her face, leaving the scar she had till this day.