Five: Gedeon

Chapter Five:

Gedeon

Two days later...

The Bongcloud opening is deemed to be one of the worst openings in chess. It breaks all sorts of common-sense rules that are normally used in opening that it becomes ironically funny. It starts by moving your pawn that's in front of your King protecting it up. By doing so, it prevents the King to be castled, endangering the King, ignoring the development and center. Not only that, but it'll block the Queen and Bishop, which are the two pieces that are free after moving the Pawn. It's preparing for an early endgame.

Yet, it's great for learning defensive strategy if you're able to pull it off.

So crazy that it just might work.

And that was what I was going to use to get my wife back. This time, I was never letting her go. I was going to show her how much I love her, and keep her safe from everything else, whether she liked it or not. She was mine.

It was a vicious cycle constantly between the whole ordeal. I felt like I was losing my mind. Nothing but pain, anger, and anguish plagued me. Sometimes, I felt like I was choking on it that I couldn't breathe. The anger residing in me only grew worse over time as I took it out on any Italian I was able to get my hands on to get Robert.

I would kill them all for my little Dove. I would wrap it in a fucking bow if she wanted to.

I'll give her the damn world, killing anyone that dared stand in my way to possess her.

And now, I was close to getting her back.

For the past two days, we were all working endlessly to get her back. We made sure we were ready for war. I called in every favor after finding out the property Mateo claimed was in the densely wooded area in Binghamton. I couldn't waste another moment and quickly assembled a plan. I didn't call any backup, in case it tipped anyone off. Everyone has been tensed since we had gotten into the car. The estate was almost depressing and quiet without Dove's presence, and I sometimes wondered how we ever functioned without her there. Everyone worked hard to make sure we could bring her home, which pride swelled in me.

They wouldn't say it, but they thought of her as their Queen already. Even Lizabeta and Nicolai, who were fond of making it known to hate her was more on edge. When I sense the car turning into rocky terrain, I knew we were there. Everyone's face hardened as it comes to a full stop and a small house come into our view.

I just prayed Dove was alive, and Robert didn't expect shit. When I get my hands on the fucker, I would make him the most insufferable torture unimaginable. I turned to everyone, nodding at them.

"You ready?" I asked.

Everyone nodded, prepared for whatever was there. Jumping out of the car, I assessed what we were going to be dealing with. The house seemed to be abandoned and on the verge of caving itself in. Graffiti, empty little baggies, and syringes littered the perimeter. There seemed to be no life, which could only mean two things. The first would be Mateo gave us a dead lead. Or the second, which I refused to believe, was Robert found out we were coming and took Dove with him.

On my nod, Nicolai kicked down the door and we swarmed the place in masses.

If the outside was bad, the inside was even worse. The smell was horrid. Dust covered the whole place along with dead leaves since all the windows were shattered. The floorboard creaked with each step-anyone took. Everyone had their guns raised. Timor and Lizabeta nodded towards the second floor and with my clearance, they went up. We quickly checked each nook and cranny, and by the time we regrouped, I was on edge at the reality of things.