TWENTY-THREE

"What spell does Karma do that has men in a trance all the damn time

"What spell does Karma do that has men in a trance all the damn time." Cyrus drops his hand into a bowl of popcorn as he sits on the couch, his feet on the table stretched out in front of him as he continues to watch a random Ted-Talk Video that he found on youtube about feminism that Justine had forced him to watch after the comments he made in Paola's youtube video as a punishment

I lay on the couch opposite of him as we both face the TV, not really knowing why the fuck I sat here to watch this but I don't mind. The lady in the video speaking is Nigerian so even though Karma and I aren't speaking, I feel slightly closer to her through watching this video.

You don't need to tell me how weird it is I already know.

"I don't know man. I don't care as long as I'm the only man she's doing that with." I say and he snorts

"Yeah and you made sure of that." he looks over at me briefly and points at me with his mouth full of popcorn, "You're cruel as hell, man." I hear him say and I shake my head, "Carter didn't do anything to you. You're wrong."

I scoff at that, "Are you his friend or mine? He should've known better than to talk to Karma all romantic like and whatnot." I wave my hand around dismissively not knowing how to articulate my words at this point. Most likely out of annoyance that my best friend since forever is actually not on my side for this one.

"I'm both of your friends. I'm just trying to get you to see it from Karma and Carter's perspective as to why you're wrong for doing that in front of him."

I squint my eyes at him in confusion, "I thought Karma annoyed you and here you are defending her...any other time I would actually be okay with that but hello she put me in this position."

"I'm not defending her but no one told you to walk up to her before she even had the conversation with Carter about you and her...extracurricular activities." he pauses when he sees me look off into the distance with a smirk on my face as I reminisce just how extra those curricular activities were, "and kiss her...not to mention how you would sneak diss him before all that."

"It's not sneak dissing if I did it to his face. You think I go around messing up his name on accident?" I snort and he rolls his eyes.

I tend to 'mess up' the names of people I couldn't give a fuck about.

Just ask Penelope.

"Maybe Ryan will have to be the one to talk to you because you don't wanna hear it from me."

"All Ryan is going to do is try and get me to talk about my feelings and shit and then repeat everything you just said. At least it got the ball rolling. He wants nothing to do with her now. I served my purpose." Cyrus had let me know that Carter had talked to him about karma and I and had told him that he's not talking to her as of right now and things had been awkward between them.

As you can probably guess...Karma currently wants nothing to do with me.

...for now.

We both know she'll get over it but I'll let her have her moment for now. I do plan to pop up by her office one of these days and talk to her face to face because after our last phone call we mutually decided space was needed.

And by 'mutually' I mean she blocked my phone number so now we can't contact each other.

Something tells me I might've gone a bit far however I'm not saying it out loud because I don't want Cyrus to feel any kind of joy in terms of being able to say I told you so, so I'll continue to sit here and talk my shit until he gets tired.

"I don't even know why you gave her the option to date the both of you if you knew you couldn't handle it."

"That was until I started to feel like Carter and I were sister-wives." I say staring at the TV not really hearing anything the woman is saying anymore because I was too engrossed in this conversation and my thoughts about Karma, "I thought she would wanna spend most of her time with me and she just fucking tossed me to the side. Well not entirely, unless I was finger-fucking her--"

Cyrus audibly gags and says, "For the love of God, don't give me that visual. Justine already told me about how you did that shit during dinner the other night." and both of my eyebrows raise in shock.

Guess we weren't that careful.

"Justine could've at least gave me a tip for providing her a show. Do you know how discreet I had to be when my sister-wife was on Karma's other side?" I wonder if Karma knew that Justine saw. I doubt she'd hide that since Justine loves making Karma uncomfortable. Justine's my favorite friend of Karma's for that reason because she always tries to bring Karma out of her comfort zone which I know is a difficult task since Karma can be stubborn to do new things.

Cyrus throws his head back in laughter, "Stop referring to him as a sister-wife, idiot."

"You're right." I nod my head, "I'm the only one that's with her now." I try not to grin but Cyrus is quick to ruin my buzz

"I don't what happy girlfriend would go around blocking her man but if that's the kinky shit y'all are into who am I to judge?" he says sarcastically as he shrugs

"Would it be weird if I said that I kind of enjoy that we're fighting? It makes me feel like we're back to being a real couple." I nod my head and rub my hands together mischievously. "If that's not love then I don't know what is."

Cyrus doesn't respond and I catch him looking at the ceiling with a look of concentration on his face.

"What are you doing?" I ask him

He shakes his head and looks back at me, blinking rapidly, "Sorry, man. I was just thinking about how you and Karma...did that while we were all around and Justine was the only one to notice. I was tryna figure out what the hell I could've been doing."

I raise an eyebrow as I'm slightly weirded out..."Dude?" I say

"I just didn't know you were bold like that man, I'm sorry." he shares his head trying to snap out of it, "You really have no shame."

I shrug but continue to nod my head in agreeance, "It's a blessing and a curse." I say, "I hate you for bringing that up because now I wanna call her." I sigh.

I call her to see if she grew up and unblocked my number at least 10 maybe 20 times a day. I leave little voicemails that she would receive if she checked her blocked voice messages inbox on her iPhone. Knowing her, she definitely has.

Cyrus tisks at me and shakes his head at what I said previously, "Maybe next time you'll know not to make the other sister-wife jealous." I glare at him

"You said to stop calling him that." I point out

"Yeah, but I had to get that out of my system. Now stop being a pussy and go visit her at her office so y'all can take like grown adults. You're not in high school anymore, you both seem to forget that." he says as he raises the volume on the tv ending the conversation

Sometimes, I truly wish we were still in high school though.

Somehow we had more freedom to just be us and everything wasn't so complicated.

-------------------------------------------

[Not Edited]

[A/N] I'm sorry it's short I just really wanted to get something out to you guys! I'll go back to updating more after this next week.