ฅ Chapter 3 ฅ

POV George

I follow Dream as he leads me out of the airport and into the area where his car is parked. As he opens his car and starts to load up my suitcase, I hop into the passenger side of the car, thankfully remembering how different is is in America.

I hear the drivers side door open and Dream climbs in, pulling is seatbelt on after.

He notices me staring and for the second time today we make eye contact. He lightly smiles at me as he turns to start the engine and finally drive away from the airport.

While turning onto the first street off the parking lot, I suddenly feel a wave of tiredness take over as I cover my yawn with my hand. Unfortunately for me, my canine teeth are sharper than a normal persons, another cat-trait I have to be cautious of.

Suddenly I notice Dream staring at me after my moment of rubbing my eyes. I wasn't too worried because we were at a red light, (I can assume it's red), but it was a little off-putting right after opening my eyes.

I look back at him and tilt my head in confusion, only further causing him to look at me weirdly like that again.

"What's wrong?" I decided to ask. It looks as though he comes more into focus as he shakes his head in response.

"N-nothing, it's nothing" He mumbles as he turns his eyes back onto the road.

I turn and lean my head on the window as I watch all of the palm trees and street lamps pass by. I yawn again as another wave of exhaustion hits me. Next thing I know, I shut my eyes and doze off immediately.

POV Dream

After I loaded George's suitcase up into the trunk of my car, I hopped in the drivers seat, only to find that George is already looking at me. I send him a friendly smile as I start up the car.

As I'm turning onto the street off of the airport, I hear the cutest yawn I have ever heard in my life. As we reach the red light, I turn to see George mid-yawn with his eyes shut and his hand covering his mouth. Apparently he noticed my staring, cause next thing I know he's turning to look back at me. I feel my face go red as he tilts his head like a little puppy out of confusion, oh my gosh he is adorable.

"What's wrong?" He suddenly says. I freeze up and turn back to the road as the light turns green.

"N-nothing, it's nothing" I embarrassingly spit out. I really need to get better with this whole staring thing, but it's his fault for being so damn captivating.

I see him lean his head on the window through the corner of my eye, he must be tired after such a long flight, especially with the whole time difference. It's currently almost 9pm back in the UK so I can't imagine he's all that awake.

As we approach yet another red light, I turn to look at him. Completely passed out against the window, George is curled up onto the seat as small huffs of breath exhale from his nose. Once again, his fault for being so damn cute. I fondly smile at him as I continue the drive home.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

As we pull up into the driveway of the house, I can see George lightly twitch as I can assume he must be dreaming. Dreading waking him up, I quietly open and close my door to go grab his stuff from the trunk first.

I walk in through the front door and wheel his suitcase directly into the guest room upstairs, right across the hall from my room. After I place it on the floor near the closet, I see Sapnap pop his head into the room.

"Where's George?"

"He fell asleep in the car" I responded as I pushed past Sapnap to get back downstairs.

Trailing behind me, I see he has a smug smile on his face. I roll my eyes, knowing that whatever comes out of his mouth next is just gonna be annoying. As my roommate and one of my closest friends, Sapnap unfortunately knows about my almost new 'fondness' of George.

"Are you gonna carry him in?" I sigh loudly in response before reaching for the door handle.

"No I'm just gonna wake him up and help direct him to his room, I'm sure he's probably exhausted after his flight so your introduction should probably just wait until tomorrow" Before he even responds, I slip out the door and shut it behind me, heading over to the passenger side of the car.

I carefully open the door to make sure George doesn't completely fall out, catching him as he starts to slip out.

"George, wake up" I shake him lightly. I see him stir more in his sleep and my eyes light up as he starts wapping at my hand like I imagine a cat would.

I shake him again, still gently but a little harder than before.

"C,mon George, we're here" I watch as his eyes slowly open, clouded with tiredness.

"Go awayyy..." he mumbles as he pushes my hand away again. And then he goes right back to sleep, resting his head down against my chest. My face heats up as he snuggles further into me. I sigh as I finally decide to just pick him up and close the car door behind me.

As we head up the driveway, I feel him curl up into my chest more, and my heart melts at the sight of him sleeping so peacefully.

I open the door with my elbow and kick it open behind me as I enter the house, trying carefully to avoid George hitting any walls or objects. When I pass through the living room, I can see Sapnap sitting on the couch, smirking as he has his phone out aimed at me. "Ugh" I mumble quietly, afraid to wake up George again.

Once I walk into the guest room, I gently place him on the bed and pull back the covers to slip him under. He stirs in his sleep and grumbles as he tries to curl more onto the pillow. He must be uncomfortable like that in his clothes, but I don't want to do anything that would break his boundaries or make him uncomfortable, so I leave him in his beanie but pull his hood down a little more to get it out of his face.

I look at him one last time before turning to head out of the room, closing the door behind me as I head out to the living room and plop down onto the couch next to Sapnap.

"Just gonna wake him up, huh?" He teases.

"Whatever" I scoff as I reach for my phone out of my pocket. A smile forms on my face as I open up my phone to a photo of George snuggled up in my arms from Sapnap. I'm kinda glad I got to carry him.

(Word Count: 1190)