19: Keep holding me like that and I will be.

"Hey, boss! Some lady's looking for you!" I heard Violet called all the way from the front of the shop to the bathroom. I wiped my mouth and washed my face. Wake the fuck up, Grace. You can get through this day. So what if this is the 2nd time you're throwing up this morning? "Coming!" I shouted back. When I stepped to the counter I saw Elena right next to Mr. Robinson. "She's beautiful." She said when he showed her a photo of Mrs. Robinson. She finally turned to me. And good God. I've never seen Elena in the morning. She wore a crème colored coat and her hair in a ponytail tied to perfection. She rushed to me. "Grace. Are you feeling alright?" Her expression changed to concern. "'Hmm? What do you mean?"

"You look awfully pale."

"Like you've seen a ghost or some shit," Violet commented. "I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm completely.." I suddenly was a little nauseous. "Fine." I felt Elena's hands in my face. "You don't look fine.." She said. "Keep holding me like that and I will be." In the corner of my eyes, I saw Violet paused. Shit. Did I say that out loud? "I uh.. think all you need is some coffee, boss Grace." She suggested. "Right. I'll go get one right now." I grabbed my jacket. "Can I come with you?" Elena asked. Violet and I looked at each other. "If.. that's okay with you, of course." Is she nervous? She looks nervous. "Let's go get coffee."

"Oh wow, you're right. This is a nice place." Elena said once we get there. "I know. It's the coziest retro coffee place if I'm being honest."

"Hi, Grace. And hello ma'am." Mia said with the brightest of smiles. "Welcome to the Pink Bean." Elena smiled back at her and I saw how Mia was charmed in an instant. Yeah. Elena has that kind of power. "Thank you. I'm loving the vibe already." Mia put her hand in her chest. "Aww, that means so much. Thank you." She turned to me. "I'll get you an Americano, right

Grace?" I nodded happily but I still feel nauseous. "And what can I get you ms.." Elena offered a hand. "I'm Elena. A pleasure to meet you, Mia. Grace here has always talked about your coffee. I can't believe she finally brought me here."

"No, it's my pleasure to meet Grace's other half," Mia said and grabbed two empty plastic cups. "Is this to go?"

"Oh no"

"Oh yes."

Elena and I chorused. "I.. I meant we're not-" I laughed nervously. "And I meant yes on the to-go.." Elena said. "Ohh. My bad. God. I am so sorry." Mia apologized quickly. "No no, it's fine," I assured her. "Uhm, let me just do my job real quick. What can I get you, Elena?" She asked. Seeing her switch to barista mode like I always. It's still amazing how she can do that. I can't wait for her management promotion. "I'll take a black," Elena said.

We then moved into the corner of the counter as more customers came in. "Morning, Grace." Lauren greeted when she walked into the shop. I said hi back and watched her reached over the counter to give Mia a kiss. "Oh isn't that sweet," Elena said. Also watching. "Yeah, it's really.." I felt my mouth filling up with saliva and I bent immediately forward. "Grace!" Elena held unto me. "Okay, you're really not feeling well. Come on. I'm taking you home." She said. "No, I gotta get back to the sh-" I tried to say but felt acid about to rush out my chest. "Here are your coffees," Mia said. "I'll help you guys get to the car." She took her apron off and headed to the door. "No, I don't need hel-" Fuck!

"Just hold on. Okay, Grace? I'm driving as fast as I can." Elena said. We took her car and hurried to my house. She helped me get out and before I could even take a step, I threw up. All. Over. Elena.

My head is stuck in the sink of my bathroom as Elena held my hair out of the way. I'm still throwing up. "I'm.."

"Shh."

"I'm so sorry." I managed to say.

"Just take a deep breath." She said. "I'm gonna get you some water." She took her coat off and dropped it on the floor. She came back with a glass. "Here, drink this." I did what she told me. "Let's get you to bed."

"Okay.."

I felt comfortable being under my sheets again. "Your clothes," I said. "What about it?" Elena asked as she was busy tucking me in. "You need to get out of it." It smells and overall disgusting. "The next time you want me naked Grace, all you gotta do is ask. Not throw up on me." She chuckled. What am I supposed to reply to that!? She carefully unbuttoned her shirt. "You mind if I use the shower?" She asked and opened my closet. "Y-yes. Please. And do take any clothes that fits you." I said and sniffed. "I'm gonna leave you alone for a minute. You gonna be okay?" She asked and continued to unbutton her shirt. "Uh yeah." She made a beeline to the bathroom. "I'm leaving the door open so if you need anything, call out to me. Alright?"

"Uhm.. sure." She turned her back at me and I saw a glimpse of her shoulder when she completely took her shirt off. I heard the shower started running and tried my very best not to imagine Elena in my shower. Naked and wet. "Try to get some sleep, stop imagining!" She yelled. Fuck my life.