𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

The days were getting better. No things stays the same after all. Life goes as that song liked to say. Since his mother had left the world for good, Mi-sun fulfilled her promise as long as she could hold onto Sunghoon. They were like a newly married couple even if they were so young yet their connection never waver, it only gets stronger.

Sunghoon wakes up one day and walks into the kitchen to see Mi-sun placing a plate of food in the table. This was the first time he saw her in a week wearing a casual dress for going out.

"Searching for another job again today?", he asks, walking towards behind her before placing a hug as his head nuzzled against her neck.

She nods with a smile, "I can't let you pay for all my needs", and she turn around where Sunghoon is ready to receive a kiss from her.

As he looked down next to a normal breakfast of sausage, bacons and eggs, "You know how to cook?", he asks and Mi-sun rolls her eyes.

"I can fry at least. It's not like Jake will always be the one cooking for you with his ramyun"

Sunghoon only laughs as his response and taking a seat, taking a bit of the bacons, "He'll be visiting again today with Layla", he says in between chewing, "He says we should take a walk in the park together with them"

Mi-sun nodded as she picks up sling bag and putting on her jacket, "I'll make sure to go home early then", she said, heading for the door just as Sunghoon stands up.

"Wait"

She glanced at him over her shoulder, and raised an eyebrow. He walks over and enveloped her in a last hug, "Return safe, okay?", he says, pulling away.

The silly smile that comes across her face is unstoppable as she mouthed a small 'bye' to him and walks out the door. Only for him to not see once she was out of his sight that same smile falls, like every piece of pretence all over her body.

It is the only thing keeping her steady on her feet until she runs to the destination where they first met.

After finishing his breakfast and was planning to call his manager for a day off, Sunghoon walks over to the fridge to pour himself a glass of milk to start his day. As he picks the box of milk, he noticed a small piece of paper that was placed with a magnet on the fridge door.

"She's so sweet", he muttered and gulped all the milk in one go, thinking it was from Mi-sun.

He puts the glass down to the sink and went back to the table to read it, a smile spreading freely on his face and it faded as his eyes scan the first few words.