𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

Every single person in this world could not foresee the future, but then who can? Sunghoon do not live now in the way he expected to from before. And what did he expect? He thought if his mom died on him and he was alone, he'll solely focus on ice skating, or to maybe pursue a career in Kpop.

Looking back to the last day she said her small bye, he suppose it seems obvious, but at first, he thought it was understable when Mi-sun felt guilty for living off of his money. But the day he found her in the bridge, crying over the railings because she couldn't stop the pull of those dark thoughts inside her head was the first time he was really frightened.

And she was frightened, too, for when he reached out, it looks like she was doubting her decisions all of a sudden. Then by the time he found her body before swimming up to safety, a knot twisted in his stomach, but he dared not think of the worst.

Finally, in the hospital, the doctor called him before the emergency room. Jake was there, holding onto him, but Sunghoon remembers clearly that his own hands were shaking.

"I'm so sorry to have to tell you this", the doctor began in their usual monotonous tone, "but she seems to be in the worst case of losing her memories. She would suffer in amnesia"

His mind went blank, and all Sunghoon could think about was the light that glowed about his head. The words echoed in his head: she would suffer in amnesia.

His world spun in circles, and he felt Jake's grip tighten on his arm to keep him steady. He whispered, almost too quiet, "Oh, it will be fine.. I'm sure she would be fine"

And as the tears started to fall from his eyes, the world came back to him again... Amnesia.

It is a barren outcome to anyone, as empty and lifeless as a desert. It is a thief of hearts and memories turning a person into a lost soul.

It is ironic, of course, because he heard this quote from Jake once in one of his visits. The two of them were always together, but forever apart for she had already forgotten it all.

───※ ·❆· ※───

There is a beauty to the day when Sunghoon finds Mi-sun sitting by the bench before the pond, and she is too taken by the koi fish all fighting for the pieces of her bred, and little by little they get to know each other again.

"It's good to see you again, Sunghoon", she greeted with a carefree smile, "I find that I miss you, even when I only saw you yesterday"