xxxviii

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Something Old, Something New

Taehyung was circling Jeongyeon like a duckling. She was standing on an elevated platform, in front of an abundance of mirrors and Taehyung was circling her, or more accurately, her dress––it seemed like it was the only thing in the world that existed, right at this moment. It was snug on the top (an off the shoulder silhouette with a V-neck) and voluminous below the waist; it danced when Jeongyeon moved. It was made out of silk, and Taehyung was enamoured by it.

      Jeongguk had soon come to realise, that while it may be true that Jeongyeon appreciated having her family around her, he was also there for a different reason, to take photographs. He didn't mind it, of course, it was one of his favourite things to do, but it was safe to say, it made more sense to him, than him being here because of sentimental reasons. But maybe he wasn't giving his sister enough emotional credit.

      Either way, he saw the dress through the eyes of his camera, his favourite way to look at things. He saw the folds of the dress, the way the bottom half of it moved with Jeongyeon, as if they were dance partners, he saw the way it hugged her waist, and accentuated her best features, making her collarbones stand out; her slim arms hanging bare on the side of her torso. It really was beautiful.

      Jeongyeon turned, trying to see the back of her dress in the mirror. "Well, what do you think? Does everything look alright?"

      "It's beautiful," his mother said.

      Taehyung, who was touching the hem of the dress, added, "It's so soft."

      "My camera approves," Jeongguk said.

      He saw in his lens as Jeongyeon looked at him, raised brow. "Only your camera?"

      He snapped a photo and then looked up. "Me and my camera are one and the same."

      "Fair enough." She observed herself in the mirror again. "Everything looks fine to me. I should get changed back, then we can bolt home and look at the RSVP list.""

      "Jeongyeon," his mother said. "Why are you already running off? Don't you want to take a moment?"

      "Because there's still so much to do," she said, and started counting all the tasks on her fingers. "We have to make a table plan, book lunch for the day after, I have to call to confirm arrangements, we still haven't had a final menu tasting, we need to call the flower store and confirm details––"

      "And there will be time for all of that."

      "We have three weeks, mother."

      "You have me, Haeji and Joon helping you. Seokjin is coming in a week––you know how good he is with organising and planning. Everything is under control, dear."