29: Temporary home

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"Are you sure? You can have a day off today." Jin asked for the nth time as he saw Taehyung getting ready to leave for the club with them.

After his breakdown and crying for about an hour or so, he finally made himself strong and masked his feelings once again. Jin and Namjoon were beyond worried but they kept quiet, noticing the hesitation of the brunet.

"I'm fine now hyung. I want the distraction." He replied shortly and zipped up his white hoodie after putting his mask and cap on. It was Jin's hoodie that was definitely big over his frame.

Hearing the reason now, Jin sighed and glanced over at Namjoon who nodded his head before leaving the house to start the car.

"Fine. Come on then." Taehyung nodded and simply followed the others.

The club wasn't far from their house and by now, Taehyung even remembered the whole way to both places. They were soon in the club, Jin and Namjoon went to the office while Taehyung went to the changing room to get his uniform.

His mask and cap were placed over the slab as he wore the apron when the door opened and Kai entered the room, only to gasp in surprise.

"My God! Hyung!" He squealed loudly but quickly shut his mouth when Taehyung looked horrified, hands trying to get his mask.

"Hey hey! Ok, don't be afraid of me." Kai quickly said and locked the door of the room, still keeping a good distance from the visibly panicking brunet.

Taehyung felt afraid and tried his best to leave the room as soon as possible to which Kai silently observed his actions with a light frown but smiled.

"You're so handsome hyung! And I thought you were hiding your face because of some mark or allergy." He chuckled after his remark to make the environment light but Taehyung remained silent and uncomfortable.

"Wait- you're shaking?" Kai looked surprised when he noticed the shaky hands of the other. Taehyung ignored his words and somehow managed to escape from the room in a hurry.

Rest of the evening, Taehyung avoided the younger who was side-eyeing him throughout. The gaze was so strong that he could feel the burns on his head. There was a constant fear in his heart for the whole time.

"Everything good?" Knowing that something was off, Jin asked with a smile, keeping a close eye on the brunet.

"Yes, hyung. Don't worry." He pressed it and tried his best to avoid the fear in his heart. Kai wasn't going to expose him, and who knows, if he actually knew about his past or not.

But, nothing much happened that night except for the burning gazes of the younger that Taehyung ignored the whole time.

Once they all entered the house in the morning, they were totally exhausted, especially Taehyung who was more tired after his crying session.

"Sleep well, Tae." Jin wished him and entered his room while Namjoon stayed behind for a bit. He walked to the younger and gently patted his shoulder.

"You're safe here, you know that right?" As if well aware of his insecurity, Namjoon started with a gentle tone, a voice filled with assurance.

Taehyung smiled lightly and nodded. "I'm very grateful for what you're doing for me. At such times when even my own family is blaming me-"

His words stuck in his throat on the realization that he just blurted out. Namjoon just sadly smiled and lightly hugged him.