Part 30

"Well that's not good news"

---------------------------‐----------------------------------

*Izuku pov*

"I still don't get it. WHY DO I NEED TO WEAR A GODDAMN TIE?", I yelled because this was uncomfortable beyond measure. "I'm wearing a shirt and a coat, why must I wear a tie?", I asked again. "Choose between a tie or a bolo tie.", I pouted, "why have you forsaken me father?", he rolled his eyes and threw the cursed fabric at me.

"Can you at least fold it into the finished thing for me?", he looked over his shoulder. "No, you need to learn how to do these things yourself."

....

"You don't know how to make a tie.", I said with as bored a tone as any. "Go bother Zashi", I would've laughed if I wasn't in such a terrible mood, dad noticed but he didn't say anything, although I saw that side look he gave me.

I went downstairs where Papa Zashi was waiting and gave him the tie, he smiled and made it without me asking. "There you go Zuku", he said with a smile, I smiled too because that was the second nickname he had given me.

I went back to dad's room and flaunted the tie dramatically. "Ya happy now?", I said as I leaned against the door frame. "No", he shoved me out of the room and pushed me down the stairs. We waved to Papa Zashi and got into the car, I looked out of the window for the most part, the destination was about 3 hours away, we'd been on the road for about 30 minutes.

"I'm gonna play some music cus I can't bear how awkward this is.", I said and connected to the car through my phone. "What're we in the mood for?", he shrugged, "I can't choose between mild-sad and mild-funky", he said and I nodded, that was a very difficult decision. "Since the rest of our day is gonna be sad we'll go with mild-funky", he hummed and I started playing 'A trick of the light' by Villagers. (Great song)

We played mild-funky songs for the next two hours and when we got to the dreaded building, which was unnecessarily tall and covered with glass panels all over. We were greeted by a dude in a blue suit with a bolo tie. Thank god I didn't wear that, it looks as terrible as I thought it would. "You must be Jade- Izuku Midoriya.", dad held my arm back before I could punch him."my name is Izuku Aizawa. Please don't make that mistake again.", I said, he bowed, "apologies, I'm Kenta Mai, just call me Kenta.", I nodded and took the hand he extended.

After the handshake he put his arm around my shoulder and I gave dad a look that meant 'I don't want to be touched right now' he fell back a few steps and said, "Izuku, come here", I smiled because I was free of Kenta's grasp.

"Thank you", I whispered and he smiled but that smile disappeared soon enough. "The commission is made up of control freaks who will try an manipulate you into doing what they want, they don't give a fuck about anything other than their own wishes. Be careful, I might not get to stay with you through the entire thing. They're sleazy little buggers", I nodded and stayed beside dad, Kenta started walking with us but I kept my distance.

We got into the elevator and this building was tall as fuck, the level we were going to was 69 or something (NICE. I had to, I'm sorry) When we got to our designated floor a woman in a pantsuit led us through hallways, I had to sign something at the register but dad read through it quickly just to make sure I didn't agree to anything accidentally, fortunately it was just a record of my visit and a confidentiality agreement.

Then we were asked to wait outside a room,we sat there for 45 fucking minutes before we were- I was called in. Dad had to stay outside to my disappointment. "Be as sarcastic and bratty as you can, piss them off. They hate that and I hate them so you'll make me proud", he whispered hurriedly before I was ushered into the room.