12. Birthday Plans

Serena

I couldn't believe that I was actually standing outside of Liam's apartment.

After our conversation, I didn't actually expect Liam would contact me. I thought it was just something he said to make Bea happy.

I had told Will about it, telling him I didn't expect Liam would call. However, he was so sure that it would.

Stupidly, I made a bet with him.

I told Will, if he were to win, I'd buy him the new game for his console, since he was basically an overgrown child. If I were to win, he'd have to buy me the new pair of boots I had my eye on. I didn't need it, but I still wanted it anyway.

I didn't hear from Liam for a week and I was so sure that I had won the bet, I even placed the boots in my basket online, only to have my purchase halted, when Will, so smugly, showed me my phone.

Liam had sent me his address, asking me to come over so that we could discuss planning the party.

So here I was, standing in front of the door to Liam's apartment, taking a deep breath before I plucked up the courage to knock.

I was nervous. Since I didn't think Liam and I were completely okay and there was a little bit of tension. But if I was going to be planning, or helping to plan, his daughters' birthday, we were going to have to work through that.

After saying 'you can do this' in my head a couple of times, I knocked on his door, although my mind started wondering immediately, on whether this after would go smoothly.

Suddenly, I heard the door click open.

The door opened and Liam stood there, dressed casually in joggers and t-shirt. I cursed myself for dressing formally, in a dress and heels, as if I was off to work. It was only a mid-length dress, but I looked as if I were off to a meeting in comparison to Liam.

He had the door open, holding onto it with one arm and the other leaning against the doorway,

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hey," I replied and then looked at his arm. "Are you going to let me in?"

"Oh, right," he said and moved back, opening the door wider so that I could walk in.

Before either on of us could say anything else, I heard a little voice call out to me.

"Serena!" Bea yelled and stumbled into my legs.

I quickly bent down to hug her. "Bumblebee!" I said with equal excitement, holding her close, she pulled away to give me a mischievous grin.

"Buzz buzz," she said. I kissed her little button nose in return, causing her to giggle.

Bea then held my hand and tugged, clearly wanting me to come further inside.

"I like that you came," she said.

I noticed that the place was different to Liam's previous home. The last place had more pastel colours, and flowers, whereas now, it was more block colours. A lot more dark blues, whites, browns and blacks. This was more of a man's apartment now, but it still wasn't completely Liam, since Bea's things also filled the room.

There was a red cushion in the middle of the sofa, in the shape of the letter 'B'. A big picture of Liam and Bea was put up, above the coach. Her other toys filled the living room as well, clearly making the place as much as Bea's, as it was Liam's.

"Of course I did. You invited me. How could I not come?" I smiled at Bea, who was beaming up at me.

"Do you want to see my room?" Bea then asked excitedly.