Chapter 54.

"If you had told me earlier that we were leaving, Harry" I mumbled to myself, folding his t-shirts into a black suitcase I found in his closet.

Dinner last night was nice. After we got our food we didn't bring up the trip anymore. Was it even a trip? He had business to do in Italy so maybe it wasn't. Whatever it was, the packing part of it stressed me right out, as I stood and packed both bags after his refusal to do his own.

"I told you, it was late notice" he said, resting his head back on the pillows of his bed.

His torso had been bare most of the day. But, I couldn't take the thought of looking at that scar on his ribcage much longer, so I forced him to put on a t-shirt. Although that was not my protest when I had handed the shirt over, he still believes that I don't want him bare chested around the house. Which was completely false.

"Well whoever gives you this late notice needs to stop" I said, whacking him lightly on his strong arm. He remained un-fazed by my light force and let his hands rest on his stomach.

"Yeah, you try talking to my bosses" he said, gaining a cocky smirk on his lips.

"I thought you were the big and bad guy of this gang. I didn't know you had a boss?" I said continuing to fold his clothes neatly in his bag.

"Like hell they boss me around, I tell them what to do" he said with a tight jaw, giving off his authoritative presence.

"So they aren't your bosses?" I asked making him shake his head.

"I guess they're more like the people who come up with ideas and plans" he said adjusting the grey sweatpants that were covering his spread legs.

"So I get to meet the people who planned my abduction?" I asked, hoping for it to come out like a joke.

Harry's face went hard and his jaw began to tighten up. I knew the moment the words left my lips he would turn like this. My idea of jokes and his must be completely different. He growled quietly, but loud enough for it to ring through my ears. I ticked him off.

"Harry it's a joke" I said, immediately stopping the packing I had been doing.

"Doesn't sound like it" he said annoyed, adding a roll to his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I thought it would be funny" I replied quietly.

"Well I'm not laughing" he said, raising his voice slightly. "For the last few weeks I've been trying to get us comfortable with this predicament of living with each other, you can't just throw stuff like that in my face, Arabella" he pestered me like I was a child.

"But, I thought we were comfortable enough for us to joke about it" I said quietly making him suck in a harsh breath.

"That's never going to be comfortable terrain for us. You should know this by now" he said more annoyed than mad.

I was much more relieved that he wasn't angry. It's easier to work with an annoyed Harry than it is with an angry Harry. He was right though, maybe joking about that topic will always be difficult, but I thought the humor was enough to get a smile out of him.

"I'm sorry" I said, watching his expression carefully.

"Whatever" he mumbled, turning his head away from me.

I sighed and pushed the suitcase down the bed, and away from us. Carefully, I crawled on the bed and over his legs so I could sit in between his thighs. His head snapped back towards me as I did so, trying to figure out my intentions through squinted eyes.

"Don't be mad at me" I softly said, trying not to set him off again.

"I'm not mad, but Arabella you know how I feel about certain things" he said, keeping his hands on his stomach.