20. Friends

Serena

Another long day.

I do love my job, it's really great. But there are certain days, where I just lose all patience and the stress of everything catches up to me, after which, I'm running around like a headless chicken.

Being your own boss is fun, until it isn't.

I like the perks but then you realise that all problems come to you and you don't really have anyone to go to...unless it's so vent.

Like today, Arya nearly had and argument with a customer. Elias had kitchen trouble. And I had to deal with a difficult bride-to-be.

It seems like little issues, but it really wasn't.

I was so glad for this day to be over, as soon as it was closing time, I flipped 'closed' sign around. I wasn't prepared to deal with anyone else. It was also why I was glad that Will was going to be handling dinner tonight.

Arya had already left to go home, whilst I was just finishing up on the shop floor. I had this habit of making sure everything was in its place before I locked up, since I liked to walk into a neat store, rather than a messy one.

As I neatened up the dresses that were hung up, I heard a knock on the door.

"Sorry, we're closed!" I called out, not bothering to turn around. It was a little rude, but I was really, really done with today.

Then, I heard the knock again.

I had to take a calming, deep breath. "I said, we're-"

My words seemed to be caught in my throat as I turned around, since instead of seeing, what I thought would be another customer, it was Liam. He was standing by front door, looking straight at me through the glass.

I smiled and shook my head, before walking towards the door, unlocking it from the inside, and then pulling it open.

"We're closed," I repeated, trying to remain professional and pretending he was just a customer.

Liam frowned. "Oh, but where else will I find my perfect to make me the most beautiful bride. Please, I'm desperate," he acted, exaggerated by jutting out his bottom lip.

I pursed my lips, trying to stop the smile coming onto my face by his stupid acting skills, which were so awful.

"Maybe just this once," I sighed, holding the door open for him.

Once he was past the threshold of the doorway, I smacked his arm. "You're an idiot," I laughed.

To my surprise, I heard an amused breath leave him. It sort of sounded like a chuckle, but not quite. Was this really Liam?

I moved to walk in front of him, leading him towards the open area of try-on room. It was just a space, set up with mirrors and a circular standing area, for when brides want to try on a dress or come in for a later fitting.

It also had the most comfiest chairs.

I took a seat on one of them, whilst Liam sat on the other.

"How are you?" He asked, making conversation first.

I smiled. "I'm good, although extremely tired after a long day," I said, to which he nodded. "How did you know where I work?" I then had to ask.

"I asked Tiff," Liam replied.

Of course. It wasn't like my store was some kind of hidden fortress that he couldn't find, but I had never expected him to be here.