13 | bother

| third pov |

"..her journey's end.." aether mouthed  as he looked devastated.

"are you alright?" (first name) asked him as he was looking down the table.

"i am." was his only answer.

his floating friend consoled him as he asked, "may i linger around you to find more clues about my sister? please, i feel like you'll remember more." aether said as he suddenly took (first name)'s hand.

"i wouldn't mind," she smiled at the blond

"paimon's relieved! this is one more step to finding your sister!"  the floating one said as aether only nodded.

xiao raised a brow as soon as the traveller held (first name)'s hand, "excuse me." xiao said as he coughed.

aether immediately took away his hand, "i apologize, i got carried away."  he said.

"no, it's alright!"

| xiao |

'alright?' i thought to myself

"tch."

"..are you mad, xiao?" she asked as she gave me her full attention

"no."

"then why did you go, 'tch.'?" she said as she imitated me.

it was somehow.. not as annoying..

"stop bothering me." i told her as she visibly pouted.

"(first name), you must hold great importance to xiao." aether laughed, "i hope i do." she mumbled as i raised an eyebrow at her.

"see! there you go again. if you want me gone, just wait for four mo—" i cut her off as i put my hand on her mouth.

"you're noisy." i whispered to her ear as all she could do was look back.

"ah well.. thank you for the information, (first name). i would like to invite you to my teapot some other time. for now, i have a quest to do." aether said as he smiled at this mortal.

(first name) pushed off my hand from her mouth and growled at me.

"aether, i am terribly sorry for bothering you. thank you for taking your time to meet us also,"

"you're not a bother." aether said as he once again smiled at her, "thank you for telling me something about my sister.."

"where are you staying?" he once again asked.

(first name) looked at me before answering, it was like she was asking for permission if she could talk about her whereabouts,

i found myself nodding as i took a sip of tea.

"i am residing by wangshu inn,"

"then paimon and i will meet you there." aether told her and once again.

"will i not bother you?" she asked as she emphasized on the word 'bother' as she looked at me.

"you will never be a bother to me." aether said as he faced me.

"i have to go xiao, thank you for the invitation. allow me to host the next one."

"safe travels."

×

"you're awfully quiet." i told her as we were both heading back to the inn.

she gazed at me and stopped walking. she lingered her sight at me for more than i could remember..

..then she rolled her eyes at me. which caught me off guard, she continued walking without uttering a word.

for the first time in a long long while, i suddenly hated the silence.

"(first name)." i called her out as i stopped in my tracks,

she looked back at me but still kept her mouth shut.

"what's wrong?" i asked

"..what? you told me to stop bothering you." she mouthed as she turned away from me.

'oh. this is why she was being quiet.' i thought to myself

"you know what? maybe i should just make a deal with aether! he seems like someone who would accompany until the end of time! atleast he doesn't call me a bother." she suddenly lashed out and then gave me a glare.

i could only look at her in awe as she started walking away— i followed her  in silence.

| third pov |

when xiao finally caught up to (first name), he suddenly pulled her arm close to him.

"bother me." he said as he looked directly at (first name)'s eyes.

"w-what are you doing?" she stuttered with his sudden act.

"forget what i said earlier.." xiao mumbled

"bother me as much as you want."

"bother me to your heart's extent."

"..because for the first time in a long while.. i hated the silence that accompanied your presence.."

"so bother me."

"i don't mind.." xiao said once more as  (first name) was left in awe.

"..at least.. not anymore.."

×

rel: hello, deleted the discord chap, will now announce it here on every end of the chapter~

come join our discord community! where readers and various genshin players all come together!

as a little token of appreciation for everyone in the server, i write server exclusive excerpts and sing songs!

we would love to have you there.

discord: https://discord.gg/Q5QxJfYa

link is also in comment section and my wattpad bio <3