Part 8

Music played throughout the Moji's guest bedroom as Akira Ito laid in the bed, nodding his head to the beat while playing a video game.

"Yo, got a visitor!" Kota spoke, walking into the room causing the boy's head to perk up. He looked over at his pink-haired friend, confusion dropping from his face.

"Hey." A familiar voice spoke causing the boy to raise an eyebrow, watching as a shorter blonde boy walked into the room.

"Funsized, what's up?" Akira asked a smile on his face at the sight of his friend.

"Kota, could we uhm-" Mikey asked, looking over at the pink-haired boy who raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, yeah, of course, I'm gonna go grab lunch anyway, you hungry?" Kota asked the two who both shook their heads. He shrugged, mumbling a suit yourself before leaving.

"How ya feeling?" Mikey asked, still standing by the door causing Akira to raise his eyebrow. He shrugged, pushing himself up to sit against the headboard, slightly seething in pain.

"Ya know... Like I got stabbed." Akira chuckled, his breaths short as he shut his eyes, the pain in his side getting aggravating.

"Yeah..."" Mikey mumbled, looking down at the ground as he scratched the back of his head.

"You-" Akira started before he was interrupted.

"I'm sorry." Mikey simply spoke causing Akira to cock his head back.

"Sorry? Sorry for what?" Akira asked, sighing as he watched Mikey still stare at the ground.

"You got stabbed because of me. You were there because of me too, hell, Osanai wasn't even aiming for you." Mikey spoke causing Akira to scoff and shake his head, massaging his forehead.

"Jesus Christ Mikey, what woulda happened if you were the one who got stabbed? Hmm? What happens if you get hurt? When I had the chance to protect you?" Akira asked, looking up at the boy who hadn't moved an inch from his position.

"Yo, Funsized... look at me," Akira spoke, furrowing his eyebrows at the boy. Mikey looked up, the light of the room shimmering off of his wet eyes.

"What's wrong, hmm?" Akira asked, tilting his head with worry etched in his face. Mikey simply shook his head causing Akira to sigh, throwing his legs over the side of the bed. He grunted in pain, going to stand up before he felt Mikey next to him.

"What're you doing?! You'll tear your stitches!" Mikey chastised, pushing the boy back down onto the bed.

"Well, you were sad. What was I supposed to do?" Akira asked taking a deep breath as he let his head land against his pillow. He looked to Mikey who was just standing at the side of the bed. Akira sighed sitting up once again.

"I'd do it again and again, short stuff. I can't let you go getting yourself hurt, now can I?" Akira asked causing the boy to scoff and fold his arms over his chest.

"So that makes it okay to let yourself get stabbed?" Mikey asked causing Akira to shrug and lightly smirk.

"I think so... Now, what else happened. I know you're not this broken up over me." Akira asked, scooting over on the bed to let the short boy sit on it.

"Pah... He stabbed Osanai." Mikey spoke causing Akira to nod, slightly remembering seeing that before Asahi had rushed him from the warehouse. Mikey sat on the bed, facing away from the boy.

"Then, the cops came and he refused to go. I begged him to come with us and he just refused. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't just leave him there." Mikey spoke causing Akira to sigh, sitting up and throwing his legs over the side of the bed to sit next to Mikey.