28. Glitter in the sky, glitter in my eyes

"So, shall we go?"

"So, shall we go?"

"Where?"

His grips my hand tightly.

"Into the night", he gives me his rarest of smiles. He's holding back a full face grin by biting his lower lip. My face breaks into the biggest smile too. Into the night. Who would've thought he can be poetic too...

"Did you just quote the Netflix TV show?" I laugh at his attempt of poetry.

"Now saying 'to the stars' would be too predictable. So I had to do with into the night" he smiles sheepishly.

Who is this person in front of me? Is he even real? And what am I doing standing in front of a restaurant which is outside the city with a guy I barely know? Why don't I feel restless and suspicious? Why does this moment...him looking at me while holding my hand feels like a long lost dream?

" to the stars would have done the deal. After all who says no to Leonardo DiCaprio?" I say teasingly.

"Hmm...so you are a hopeless romantic" he deduces.

"For the right person, yes" I say.

I observe him keenly for any kind of judgement but he's eerily calm. I find neither prejudice nor judgement there.
He suddenly moves closer to me, our bodies are almost touching..almost. I can feel the warmth radiating off his body. My breath hitches in my throat yet I don't look away. I can't.

He keeps staring at me like he can look beyond all the walls I've built up. Like he can read my thoughts, opinions, feelings and dreams. Like he can see my butchered soul. I feel self conscious all of a sudden. I need to be strong. This stranger right in front of me ignites strange emotions in me...emotions I've always been scared to feel...I don't know what is it about him..but I can't seem to turn away from him.

"I know this is all too much. Too fast. But...will you go on a date with me tonight?"

Did I just imagine that? Is he saying what I think he is saying?

"Uh-uhh?"

"You heard me sakshi"

Taking a deep breath I say, "Is this a joke? Are all of your friends watching us now? Are they going to come out and scream 'loser'? Is this some sick dare?"

My words hurt him..that much is clear from the way his face constricts. He looks away from me and sighs before turning in my direction.

"Look at me Sakshi. I want you to listen to me clearly"

I look into eyes when he goes- "No, this isn't a joke and nobody's watching. Whatever we do, it's just between us. You and me. It's nobody's business. Now will you please go out with me? I promise I'll drop you back to the dorms safely. You are safe with me"

As I said I'm good at reading people. I know when they want to manipulate the other person..I can see it in their body language. Either Randhir is too good at this or he's genuine. This can either go really really well or I'll be doomed. I haven't forgotten about the canteen warning yet. Should I take this risk for Randhir? Is he worth the risk?