35. A Fort

Liam

After talking to Chris, I felt a lot better, only for the rest of the day to completely shatter me.

I was extremely tired, all I wanted to do was go home, see my Bea, see Rena, and then just fall asleep.

It was already late evening when I reached home and I felt really bad that Rena had spent her entire day babysitting. I didn't think it would take this long, but the few times I called, she seemed to be happy, both her and Bea.

Just as I put the keys in the front door, I could hear giggling sounds coming from inside.

When I opened the door and stepped into the living room, I wasn't even sure how to react.

"What is going on here?" I asked, unable to hold the smile off my face.

Both Bea and Rena looked like they were caught in some kind of suspicious activity.

"We made a fort!" Bea yelled.

She was already in her bunny pyjamas, with a little headband to go with it.

I could see that they had used the sofa and chairs on the edges, placing a white sheet over it to make the tent. There was some lights around and then the projector...used on the main wall to create a backdrop like the living room was instead a camping ground with a campfire too.

She really did all of this for Bea?

"I can put it all back?" Rena said and I realised, she may have taken my silence to mean I didn't like it.

"No, leave it. It looks like fun," I smiled at her.

"Do you want to come inside the fort?" Bea asked, stepping forward to hold my hand. "We're going to watch a movie."

I dropped my bag to the side and immediately picked her up in my arms.

"Am I allowed?" I asked her.

"Of course," Bea grinned.

I placed a kiss on her keep and placed her back down onto the ground.

"Let me go change and I'll be right back," I told her.

Bea quickly ran into her fort and when I looked at Rena, she just smiled and I nodded, heading into my room to change.

Not too long after, I came back into the room.

When I moved towards the fort, I could only see Bea inside, swinging her little feet back and forth whilst scrolling on the laptop.

"Hi, sweetheart. Where is Rena?" I asked her.

"She's in the kitchen. We need snacks," Bea spoke and then looked at me with a wide grin. "I'm choosing the movie," she said, clearly happy with her responsibility.

I smiled nodded.

"I vote for Moana," I told her, before getting up.

"Noted!" Bea yelled back.

Leaving her to choose the movie, I walked to the kitchen.

Rena looked like she was trying to get some snacks sorted, so far only the popcorn. She looked so pretty, I didn't understand how that was still possible after having a long day. I looked ready to collapse and she looks...amazing.

I should probably stop staring now.

"Hey," I greeted her.

She turned my way and smiled. "Oh Hi. We needed some snacks, so I..." she gestured to the popcorn.