XI - first day in hell

Chapter Eleven - First Day In Hell

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─

He couldn't sleep. As soon as Ezra entered the dorm, he took a shower and snuggled deep into his blankets. However, sleep wouldn't help his situation. His mind, body, and soul were exhausted. He had a weird dream, almost got kidnapped, and, to top it all off, his future killers saved him! So, Ezra stayed up, counting down the minutes till school started. By the time the sun peeked through the windows, his eyes were heavy, and his head ached painfully. However, he got up, quietly preparing for the first day of school.

The current Ezra had no need for servants to get dressed, so getting ready for the day was easy. The uniforms provided by the school were well-made and rather charming. The men's uniform was a simple suit set with the school's emblem embroidered on the collar of the white button-up shirt. Ezra wore a black vest over his shirt, a black blazer, and a navy tie. As much as he considered wearing the black cloak that came with the uniform, it seemed excessive, yet he chose to do so. He looked badass wearing it, so what's the harm?

As soon as Ezra was dressed, he grabbed whatever else he needed and escaped the room; no need to stay longer than necessary. Coincidentally, Ezra had woken up with the birds as he leisurely walked through the dorm halls, listening to the beautiful morning song. The halls were slowly warmed by the drowsy sun, offering a relaxing environment for the black-haired male. Despite the headache and the heavy feeling in his chest, it was nice to relax and stretch his legs early in the morning.

~Ezra's POV~

It was quiet - quiet in the way that allowed me to think. Having something to do always allowed me to think more, and walking did the trick. I glanced out of the large windows decorating the long hall and smiled at the feeling of tranquility. The smile on my lips was difficult to keep as Ezra didn't smile much. Given the fact that it almost hurt to smile, it was clear that the boy didn't live a happy life. When I think back to the book, Ezra's life wasn't given 10 chapters like the other major characters. Instead, he simply got a summary - a footnote. Even though the author expressed her pity for Ezra, she never gifted him anything more. Not only was his life in the book trash, outside of it wasn't any different.

Although Ezra's original personality wasn't very pretty, the boy lived a sad life. Who could blame him? I let out a heavy sigh and shifted my eyes to the floor. I wasn't sure how to feel about this: I'm in the body of a villain who is hated by everyone and destined to die. Well, die again. "Shit." I cursed, shoving my hands in my pockets. "I hope today will go smoothly..."

....

.....

......

I regret to inform you, dear reader, that my day did not go smoothly, not one bit. Long story short, I was cast out of every class discussion, avoided by all the students, and respectfully denied the opportunity to participate. It was, frankly, a vexing experience. Even now, as I stood in front of the men's restroom door, cornered by the other footnotes in the book. To be precise, the mini-villain - the one that hurt the heroine more than Ezra did - had cornered me. It was a surprise that this girl lived through at least ten chapters.

Let me introduce you to Mallory Farrow, a young woman with long lime-blonde hair and pretty gray eyes. She looked innocent... when she didn't speak. "You were quiet today, Ezra." As she said my name, I felt a shiver of disgust run down my spine. Feeling uncomfortable, I crossed my arm over my torso and gripped my elbow. It was discomfiting to be surrounded by women after stepping out of the bathroom. I stayed silent. The short girl laughed sarcastically, covering her mouth with a delicate hand. "It seems someone has neutered the puppy!" Her words made the other girls laugh mockingly. Rude.

I knew staying quiet and avoiding eye contact would only worsen Mallory's teasing, but being the outcast was exhausting. There was no way I was going to my dorm for a nap with this chick standing in my way. As she stared into my soul, her wide eyes made her seem a bit insane. Her obnoxious giggle reached my ears, causing a wince. Her laughter was loud and high-pitched. Then she spoke. "How cute, the puppy can't say a thing! It seems his manhood wasn't the only thing taken away." More giggling, more teasing, more time wasted.

She opened her mouth to speak again, but I interrupted. Using the beautiful face so graciously given to me, I narrowed my eyes and slowly looked up, my glare pointed at Mallory. I fixed my posture, looking down at the girl. "If I throw a stick, will you leave?" I asked smugly, tilting my head as I stepped closer to her. The girl froze, her eyes fixed on mine, so I stepped closer and closer till I could practically step on her. My hand reached out and grabbed a strand of her long pretty hair. "You're wasting my time, Lady Mallory." I let her hair slip through my fingertips before brushing past her, heading straight to the dorms.

3rd POV

Mallory and her friends were speechless. Mallory thought Ezra's quietness was a sign to dominate the male and use him for herself. Alas, the girl was wrong. Ezra had somehow gotten more intimidating... When the male spoke, Mallory was forced to stand eerily still. His voice became deeper as his red eyes shone with a frightening glow. What happened to the frightened puppy with anger issues? Ezra was now a full-grown dog with an intimidating bark. The girls stood in front of the men's restroom with bewildered expressions, and that expression only grew confused when Mallory spoke up. "That... was hot." It was, but weren't they just insulted?

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══──══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─

UPDATED 03/2023