chapter 18

Filch had come to take us to our detention, holding a lamp and walking us across the field.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming" Filch says and leads us to Hagrid's hut "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight" Hagrid came out of his but holding a lamp and coming down the little steps leading to his hut "He's got a little job to do... Inside the Dark Forest" we stop and almost bundle up together "A sorry lot, this, Hagrid" Hagrid was looking down and looked really upset "Oh, good god, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch asks. Hagrid picks up his crossbow.

"Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony"

"Well that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind" Hermione says.

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania?" Hagrid points out "What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all"

"Oh for god's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the Forest after all. Got to have your wits about you"

"The forest? I thought that was a joke. We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are..." Draco says bit stops, hearing a howl "Werewolves" Draco says and I get an instinct to howl. I howl as loud as I can, actually sounding like a wolf.

"Oh, there's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that" Filch says, emphasising the 't' and giving me weird looks "Nighty night" Filch walks off.

"See you on the other side" I say and start walking towards the forest, but Hagrid grabs my arm, pulling me back "There's wolves in there. They're calling for any strays, trying to keep the pack together"

"How do you know what they're doing?" Hagrid asks.

"I... Don't know. It's like I can understand them" I say, looking between Hagrid and the forest.

"Stay together. Right, let's go" Hagrid says and I throw my arms in the air, dropping them and hitting myself by mistake.

We all walk into the forest and follow Hagrid. All there is is fog covering the entire forest. Hagrid walked on, making a right turn and kneeling down in front of what looked like a puddle of mercury. He dipped 2 fingers into it and rubbed it between the 2 fingers and his thumb, observing it carefully. He got up and turned to us.

"Hagrid, what is that?" Harry asks as he looks at the silver liquid on Hagrid's hand.

"What we're here for. See that?" Hagrid asks and shows us his hand "That's unicorn blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been hurt bad by something" Hagrid pauses and looks to the side, then back at us "So, it's our job to go and find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me"

"Okay" Ron says sounding scared out of his mind.

"And, Harry, Y/N, you'll go with Malfoy" Hagrid says and me and Harry nod our heads.

"Okay. Then I get Fang" Draco says.

"Fine. Just sos you know, he's a bloody coward" Hagrid says and Fang starts to growl lightly, like he's afraid.

I bend down to the unicorn blood, taking in the scent, then get up. We went on our different ways, Draco holding the lamp.

"You wait 'till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff"

"If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared" Harry says.

"Scared, potter" Draco said, not believeing Harry would assume that "Did you hear that?" Draco asks as he looks behind us, then around. He continues walking "Come on, Fang" Draco says to Fang, urging him forward "Scared"