46. Body

The next day I spot Sky by his locker. I get happy the second I see him. 

I make my way to him. 

"Hey." I say as I lean against the locker next to him. 

"Hi." He smiles quickly before focusing on taking books out of his locker. 

"Yesterday was fun." I say. 

"Yeah it was." Sky closes his locker and looks at me again. 

God, it's not fair how beautiful he is. I'm at a loss for words for a moment. 

"Everything okay?" Sky cocks his head. 

"Uh, yeah. Fine." 

"Good." He chuckles. 

I don't understand how he can be so casual after we hooked up yesterday. It's like it didn't even happen. 

To my surprise Loren comes into the school and sees us together. Sky didn't tell me she'd come back to school today.

Ugh, great. Here we go. The drama tornado.

She walks in our direction in a seemingly not angry manner. Sky already turns to her. 

Everyone around is still staring at her. Everybody knew she just had a baby and the gossip still hasn't died down. It's not like you could tell from looking at her, though. She looks like her normal, perfect self.

"Hey." She says to both of us, granting a smile. 

"Hey." Sky smiles happily as he wraps his arms around her. 

I try to control the urge to push them off each other. 

They're just friends. 

I repeat to myself. 

I don't believe it. He loves her. It's so obvious. 

"How are you?" Sky asks as he pulls away. 

The way he's watching her. He's so invested. It's like he's hanging on her every word. Like if she's having a bad day his world would end. He never looks at me that way. 

I try to ignore my bleeding heart. 

"I'm fine, Sky. Jesus." She looks around self-consciously. 

"Shit, sorry." 

Since when is he so quick to apologize?

"It's fine. More importantly, how are you?" Loren looks at me. She looks genuinely interested. 

I'm kind of caught off guard. All this time I've been seeing her as the evil bitch who stole my boyfriend.. I never expected her to be nice to me. 

"Uh.. fine." I stammer. 

Shit, I'm acting like a pussy in front of Sky. 

He watches me blankly. He certainly doesn't look at me the way he looks at Loren. 

Then the bell goes and we realize we have no time to get to class. 

"Shit, what class do you have?" Sky asks, grabbing Loren's hand. 

"Science. You don't have to take me.." She whines. He doesn't listen as he's already moving towards the classroom. 

"Yeah, I do." He says to her.

Then he turns around. "I'll see you later, Aron." Sky says over his shoulder as they walk into the distance. 

The way he's holding her. They really look like the perfect couple.