Chapter 62

Mrs Darwell

We are writing to inform you that carers will be appearing at your house today at 8 o'clock to escort Mr Darwell to the hospitals facilities. We advise that you are close by to keep Mr Darwell calm and explain the situation to him but not close enough where he may be able to harm you with physical contact.

Regards

Wood round psychiatric clinic

Auroras hands shook around the letter her eyes widened and vision grew glassy so the words formed fuzzy lines instead of vocabulary.

Her fist clenched causing the letter to fall to the ground. "Aurora?" Tom yelled from the bedroom.

She wanted to yell back, she wanted to get the letter back badly into her pocket so he couldnt see it but she was completely frozen in a sickening wash of confusion guilt and fright.

"Darling are you alright the waters been running for ages!" Tom shouted ignoring the thickening silence that began to creep around the bathroom.

Aurora couldnt break it, it felt like her mouth was stuck open in a state of shock, the silence was smothering her, crushing down in her the weight of her actions trying to crack her bones as it pulled on top of her.

She heard Tom getting up from the bed and walking quickly towards the bathroom and as if some primal instinct she was snatched from her traumatized state as he tried to push open the door.

"No! No Tom stay outside!" She demanded flinging herself as the door trying to shove him out but he kept fighting.

"what why? Are you okay did something happen? Is it the baby?" He asked still trying to push her off of the door on the other side.

Aurora felt vomit rising up in her throat from the sheer panick over taking her system as her foot tried to reach for the the crumpled letter on the floor but she couldnt reach.

"I'm- I'm fine everything fine! I just...i-i just got my period!" She blurted out without thinking then mentally punched herself in the head when she realized what she said.

"What!" Tom panicked voice shouted trying more eagerly to shove the door down. "What do you mean you got your period? your pregnant! What's going in why wont you let me in!" He demanded jamming his foot in the gap in the door trying to pry it open.

"Tom get out!" She yelled banging her fists to push the door further and trying to push his shoulder out of the room as his chest fit through the gap in the door way.

He shoved the door once more and Auroras arms gave way and the door sprung open and Tom stormed into the room looking for some sort of Injury his eyes confused and anxious looking.

Aurora watched him silently her whole body was rigged her fingernails digging into her palms as she prayed to any and all gods that he wouldnt see the letter crumpled in the corner of the bathroom.

He gave her a strange look "why are you being so strange are you okay or-" he stopped as Auroras luck ran out and his eyes snagged on the paper.

He looked at her raising his eyebrows and chuckling and he bent down to pick it up. "Tom leave it it's-its nothing its just a bill for-" she tried to convince him grabbing the back of his shoudlers trying to get the paper from him desperately.

Tom easily kept it away from her grasp by dangling it playfully above her head grinning at her pathetic attempts to reach it.

"What? Is it some secret lover from france? Or maybe spain?" He joked as he turned his back to her so she couldnt get it and opened the crumpled letter.