ch.14

dejavu.

now playing | out

now playing | out.
↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: very unedited

"You figure it out, Park," She scoffed, turning on her heels. She began to trudge towards the door, unwilling to hear it from him when she was supposed to yell and tear him down. The sides have switched.

"Where are you going! We're not done talking," Jisung yelled causing the woman's steps to halt.

In annoyance, Aeri ran her tongue from the inside of her left cheek, behind her lip, and to her inner right cheek. She rolled her eyes, and tightened her fists as the next few words had her world ready to crash and burn. It wasn't gonna be a pretty sight nor a pretty decision.

She tilted her head just enough to allow her to glance at the Park from over her shoulder. "Well, I'm done because I'm out," She saw the way he froze, processing the potential of those six words.

"Aeri, what do you mean you're out?" Chenle stepped towards her, his hand traveling to place a comforting palm on her shoulder, however the woman shrugged it off the second it came in contact with her.

"I quit the band," She put simply, continuing to march under the door frame and into the hallway.

Jisung felt his entire world stop. His heart dropped to the very pit of his stomach, and all color drained from his body. It had taken him a second to regain the control over his body, but as soon as he did, the male hadn't wasted any time. "Aeri!" He shouted, pushing past the others to get to the door.

Donghyuck, Jaemin and Jeno were right behind him, with the other four men following. "Girl, come on, don't say that!" Donghyuck yelled concerned.

Just by hearing her name be laced with his low voice, she felt her heart beat pick up. But she continued. She walked forward, down the long corridor— her feet naturally becoming heavy as it slowed for him to what she had hoped, catch up to her. "Run after me, run after me, run after me," She chanted in a whisper as if it was a magical spell that could make him to do just that. However with the lack of his recognizable footsteps, and his yelling becoming as low as the building's draft's whisper— Aeri knew.

She didn't have to turn back and glance in his direction. She heard it. And she could imagine the way a particular someone held him back again.

"Jisung, what's wrong? What happened?" A woman placed a hand on his chest, urging him to stop. She tried to calm him down— feeling the racing of his heart pound against her palm from beneath his skin.