Chapter 5

10th Month

"Kyo! I will be waiting outside!" Karin shouted with a smile as she stood by the entrance of their home and placed her shoes on as she opened the door and walked down the path to the wooden fence.

"Morning!" she smiled sarcastically waving at the many different Sohma's who looked and whispered though soon her face changed on seeing women coming towards her with a smirk.

"Karin? Karin Sohma?" she questioned coming towards her with a smile, her long dark hair following her as well as her maids who simply stood there.

"Do I know you?" Karin questioned in confusion looking at the woman as she simply laughed and covered her mouth as Karin still looked confused

"Yes, we briefly met before. I am- Was Akira's wife. Ren Sohma" The woman introduced reaching out her hand as Karin looked at her before shaking her hand her eyes saddened at the mention of her friend.

"Yes, Akira mentioned before in his letters and Calls. Sorry for your loss" Karin smiled with a sad expression as Ren wore the same one before smiling up at the women

"For you to I heard about your sister and the burden she left you" Ren stated with a sigh as Karin's eyes furrowed in confusion snapping and looking up at the women.

"Burden? What burden?" Karin questioned in confusion while the dark-haired women become concerned as she grabbed Karin's hands.

"The child, that disgusting cat zodiac" Ren stated as Karin gasped looking up at the women unknown to the two a certain boy made his way out of the home "It can't be easy looking after him, I bet he cause all sort of issues" she continued.

"He isn't a burden" Karin stated while Ren looked back at the women in both concern and irritation before she sighed.

"You too nice Karin, It can't be easy to look after that monster. I bet you can't even hold him" Ren stated with a shake of her head as Karin glared before she look up with a glare at the women.

"Your one to talk" Karin stated snatching her hand from the women as Ren's eyes widened looking to meet ones filled with rage "Who do you think Akira complained to when you wouldn't even hold your child!" Karin shouted.

"Don't come to me and start insulting Kyo and claiming him as a monster when your one yourself! Kyo is not a burden! He is more like a blessing!" Karin shouted as Ren looked at her with rage.

"How dare you-"

"Now get the hell away from my house or I will make you!" Karin shouted as Ren looked back with a glare before walking off as Karin sighed.

"Karin" a small voice stated as Karin gasped she turned around to see the young orange-haired boy before she smiled and kneeled and smiled.

"You ready Kid?" She smiled reaching out her hand as Kyo smiled and nodded taking her hand and gripping it tightly as Karin smiled before they walked to school together.

"That was so cool. Who is that woman?" a small voice questioned as her dark eyes were wide in astonishment while her short dark hair fell in her eyes as they stood by a window with a smile.

"Huh, Akito wants to see me?" Karin questioned in confusion as one of the maids stood at the door, a certain boy's eyes were wide as well as Kazuma's.

"Yes, Akito would like to talk to you" the maid smiled as Karin's eyes were wide as she looked down.

"Akira's child?" She questioned with wide eyes before she looked behind her to see Kazuma smiling at her in encouragement before turning back around.