Nine

That night after saying goodnight to our kids, I spent so much time in front of the mirror, my shirt pulled up and my hands touching my stomach while my eyes were glued to it.

George was sitting on the edge of the bed, watching me with a smile on his face as he rested his elbows on his knees.

"Can you believe this?" I asked. "After an entire year it finally happened."

"I came in a cup for nothing."

I looked at George through the mirror and chuckled at his comment, before I folded my shirt down and looked at him.

"I don't know how I'm going to be able to not tell everyone as soon as I see them." I said, wrapping my arms around myself. "I mean... I know it's better to wait until the chance of miscarriage has lowered, but I'm so excited."

"We'll just have to wait until the second trimester." George smiled at me before his eyes dropped to my stomach. "Eight weeks. Two months... we can do that."

I took a deep breath.

"Two months. In two months we'll be coming home from our honeymoon."

He moved his eyes back up to my face and smiled again.

"Canada is going to be nice, eh?" He smiled as I laid down to look at the ceiling.

"I can't wait." I breathed. "But even more importantly — I can't wait to be married to you."

I heard him chuckle softly and I looked at him when I felt him slide his hand under the material of my shirt, resting it against my stomach as he rubbed my skin with his thumb.

"Thirty-seven years old and starting over." He chuckled again. "You've got me hooked, Dia."

"Oi!" I propped myself up on my elbows and George looked at me. "I had come to terms with being a mother to two. Now due to you, I'll be a mother of five."

We both smiled before sharing a small laugh.

"I haven't even had any symptoms."

"Well, symptoms like nausea and back ache usually starts around week four to six." He said. "You're still early on. Just wait."

"Thanks." I rolled my eyes. "Here I was hoping I'd have an easy pregnancy with no morning sickness."

I chuckled.

"Pregnancy... I'm pregnant. I'm—"

I ran my hands over my face.

"C'mon." George said and stood up, and I peaked through my fingers to see him smile down at me, holding out his hand.

I gave him a questioning look but placed my hand in his and let him pull me to my feet.

He held my hand as he led me out of our room. We paused for a moment, and George looked at me while listening if there was any sounds.

"Do you think they're asleep?" He asked in a soft whisper.

I shrugged and gently shoved him towards the stairs.

"I'll go check."

"Alright." He grinned at me. "I'll make us some tea downstairs."

He made his way downstairs while I walked to Leah's room which was closest to ours. Her door was never fully shut. She couldn't sleep if it was. She hadn't had night terrors for about a year, but if the door was shut and if her night light wasn't turned on, she's wake up crying from a nightmare.

I pushed the door open a bit more and walked in, smiling as my daughter slept on her side, her thumb in her mouth.

I sat down on the edge of her bed and brushed my hand over her hair before I leaned down and pressed a kiss to her temple.