7 | Joie

I sold my old house and with majority of that money I purchased another home in a different gated neighborhood and on the same side of town since I enjoyed the peace

               It was a corner, contemporary, one-story home with four bedrooms and three full bathrooms. There was large, open entertaining and living spaces, hardwood floors throughout, and high vaulted ceilings. The backyard was spacious for Gunner and Misty with a swimming pool and covered patio.

               The master bathroom in my room, it was large and has a lot of space, and offered off a modern, yet soothing feel to it. Wood floors and blush-pink walls. The large soaker tub was placed beneath the window that allowed me to enjoy the surrounding view when I chose to relax and take hot baths. It has a champagne bronze faucet that has a subtle metallic sparkle.

               A custom piece of contemporary art gifted to me by a friend last year on my birthday flanks the wall next to the shower. The shower was nice with black-and-white floor-to-ceiling tile-work in a geometric pattern that gives a modern, boho twist. The sculptural shower fixtures were champagne bronze as well.

               I stood ahead of the oversized mirror that rested above the double sinks with marble white counters and the same champagne bronze fixtures, getting prepared for the day in only a nude lace, triangle bra and light-wash denim maxi skirt that sits high on my waist and front slit that reveals a seductive hint of my smooth and brown skin, a distressed detail at the hem.

               "I love that skirt," the voice complimented from my cell propped up on the shelf and I glanced up to Greece's sun shining on Aqua's radiating skin while sitting out barefaced.

               I done a half-spin and posed. "Alexander Wang hunty. That's all I'm rocking today."

               "I'm borrowing it. I gotta shirt that will go nicely with it." Aqua offered herself into my clothing as she always does. That's the downside of being the same size as your baby sister.

               "If a younger sister got one thing, it's the nerve." I chuckled and started on doing my lips.

               Aqua chuckled as well. "That's how you wearing your hair?"

               I paused the shading on my lips and eyes my hair in the mirror. It was in its natural curly state and just tossed up into a messy bun with some runaway curls flowing free. "Uhm, what's wrong with my hair, Aqua?"