Venti | Please Don't Go

Slight spoilers about Venti's past, but it's vaguely mentioned.

For the past few days, Mondstadt has been blessed with the beautiful weather of a cloudless, blue sky with the beaming sun shining down on the citizens; every once in a while, a cool breeze will pass by. Needless to say, this kind of weather is your favorite, even more so when you're surrounded by your dearest friends.

"Say... isn't Venti taking you somewhere today? Might I ask where you two lovebirds are heading off to?" Kaeya asks, a lopsided grin present on his face.

You turn to the Cavalry Captain who's leaning against the stone pillar in a relaxed manner with his arms crossed.

"Yeah, he wants to show me this cool place he found a few days ago!" you reply in excitement, hands clasped together.

He eyes you curiously as a chuckle escapes his lips. "And he didn't bother inviting me along, I see. Leaving poor Kaeya all alone with scary Jean," he teases, amusement laced in his voice.

From beside him, Jean jabs at his side with a finger and rolls her eyes upon hearing him feign a painful "ouch." She shifts her attention to you and smiles.

"I hope you two have a wonderful and pleasant time together," she comments thoughtfully.

"Kaeya will always be Kaeya." You laugh. "Thank you, Jean. You're going to be taking a break for yourself, I hope?" you ask, hoping to hear a simple "yes" and nothing more.

As the Acting Grand Master, she works constantly every day to complete her duties and keep the citizens of Mondstadt happy and safe. While you appreciate her hardworking nature and generosity, you wish she can give herself more time to relax.

"Well..." she begins, glancing at the male next to her, "...although I have an enormous amount of work left to do, Kaeya insisted I take a stroll around Mondstadt with him. He refused to leave me alone in peace until I agreed to take a small break."

Kaeya's persistence deserves a big hug and an immense amount of Death After Noon. You're about to make a comment when a "yoohoo!" near your ear and a warm back hug is felt. You smile to yourself and grasp onto your lover's hands, as to which he replies to with a soft laugh.

"Kaeya, Jean, I appreciate the company you've given my cecilia here, but I'm taking them now." Venti moves away and takes your hand, pulling you toward him gently.

You two bid your goodbyes to the pair before setting off into the clear, blue sky on Dvalin.

"Where are we going to?" you ask excitedly while petting Dvalin's skin.

The dragon makes a sound of contentment. Venti stares at the interaction before him in adoration, his green gaze softening faintly. Every time he watches you two interact, he feels content, but lately a deep sense of sadness and worry is present. He just can't help but envision his loved ones disappearing into the wind one day, never to be seen again.

What will he do if Dvalin leaves him? What will he do if you leave him? You—his lover, his cecilia.

The bard's face contorts into worry as his shaking, pale hand reaches out to you slowly. You see his outstretched hand in the corner of your eye, and confused, stop petting the now whining dragon as you turn to look at your boyfriend.

"Venti, what's wr—huh?"

"Hey..." he murmurs, forehead resting on your shoulder as his arms are at his sides, "...if you ever plan to leave me, please let me know beforehand, okay?"

You furrow your brows and rub his back in an attempt to ease his emotions. His odd question and sudden demeanor is concerning.

While running your fingers through his midnight blue hair, you say, "I won't leave you, Venti. We've been together for... what...? About two years now...? What makes you think I will ever leave you?"

"Friend..." he says unconsciously, tears brimming his eyes, "...you'll disappear just like him..."

The pain and sorrow in his voice is heartbreaking. A wet sensation is suddenly present on your free hand, and you realize that he's crying silently. You allow him to cry all his feelings out and continue to rub his back in slow and rhythmic strokes.

"I'm here, so cry as much as you want. I won't leave," you reassure.

He can only nod in reply as his trembling hand grips onto your clothing tightly, afraid you're going to disappear from his grasp without warning.

After some time, Venti lifts his head up, his weary and puffy eyes meeting your smiling face. By now, Dvalin has brought you two to the place Venti wanted to show you: atop a tall and grassy mountain home to numerous butterflies and flowers. A clear view of the running waterfall can be seen across the lands.

How are you feeling?" you ask gently, moving some messy hair strands away from his face.

He simply stares at you. Leaning forward, he closes the gap between you two and kisses you deeply. One hand drops down to grasp yours shortly after as his other hand cups your warm cheek. Your heart soars at his lingering kiss that's full of desire and love.

He pulls back just enough to have his lips brushing against yours. A chuckle passes his lips as his expression softens. Venti seems to be back to his usual self, and you find yourself sighing in relief.

"Thank you, (Y/N)."

-♡-

I'm not very good at writing about kissing scenes and stuff like that, but hopefully the writing isn't too awful, haha.

Since this week is going to be a double update, the next one-shot will be a female character; I'm in between Jean and Xiangling. Feel free to let me know who you guys would like between these two lovely girls!