02

DOBBY'S WARNING

     "Just get out," the boy hissed, crinkling his nose at the spider in his palms. "I don't care if you've been trying to mate with her! She's probably going to eat you after you do the nasty, anyway so, just bugger off!"

    The spider lifted it's body up, raising its legs. Y/n huffed in annoyance, wincing as he pushed the window open. "I will squish you—" he set the bug down, glaring holes into it. "—With one of my cousin's clothes. Trust me, it's not very enjoyable."

    The spider calmed from it's fighting stance, weaving a web, ascending down the window with it's eight spiny legs. Y/n smiled, he'd just kicked out a horny spider out of the cursed household.

    The stinging on his back caught his attention, a small grunt leaving his lips. There was a month before school would come, Pomfrey wouldn't be able to scream at him by the time the stingings faded.

    He let out a long sigh, waving his fingers about. "One letter, just one, even half will do. That's all I'm asking for," he whispered to the empty air, though he knew how Illogical it would seem, magic knows no limits, does it not?

    Harry snickered when he entered the room. "I leave you alone for five minutes," he smiled at his brother, setting down a towel on the bedside table. "And before you ask, no, Hermione did not call," he took his circular glasses off, wiping the lenses with his checkered shirt.

     "Or she did and Vernon decided to cuss her poor ears out."

    "Oh, yeah, that too."

    Harry pointed at the sad towel, "Let's fix your back, you idiot," he gave a knowing look, walking behind and lifting his shirt up roughly. His twin hissed at the clothes scraping the tender spot, "Merlin—Harold a little warning!"

    "Mhmm, this'll sting, watch out! Oh no."

    "Wow, that was very helpful—" Y/n felt the cool wetness of the cloth against his burning skin. It soothed it for a time, only for the stinging to return twice as strong. But, he couldn't be bothered to complain. "Anytime," Harry laughed, adjusting his glasses.

    "How'd you know?"

    "You really think I wouldn't notice? You're my twin, for Godric's sake."

    "Am I?"

    "Oh I don't know, are you?"

    Y/n flinched, pulling away from the cloth as it touched a tender spot. "No," he yelped. "I'm actually a stranger who barged into your house as an infant."

    Harry rolled his eyes, lightly slapped his brother's temple. He snickered when the small force he used practically made his brother's head bob left to right. Y/n let out a gutteral noise, muttering nonsensical revenge plots.

    "The Potter twins!" A high pitched voice rang throughout the room. They looked towards the bed, where a creature stared at them with it's tennis-sized eyes.

    Y/n furrowed his brows, "What's a house-elf doing here?"

    Harry examined the creature before averting his gaze. "Erm—Who are you?" his tone was polite as he took off the cold cloth from his brother's back, slowly pulling a chair towards him.

    The creature bounced up and down the bed, quickly sliding off. It bowed so low that it's long wrangled nose reached the carpet. "Dobby sirs, just Dobby the house-elf."

    "So long has Dobby wanted to meet the Potter twins!" it announced with a child-like smile, despite the thin tone of it's voice, the twins were sure that it was carried down the stairs.

    Harry winced, glancing at the door. "Well—Er, I don't mean to be rude but this isn't really a good time," he trailed off.  "Not that we're not pleased to meet you, but is there. . . any particular reason you're in here?"

    Aunt Petunia's obviously faked, high pitched laugh sounded from the living room. The house elf nodded eagerly, "Oh yes, sir," he said. "Dobby has come to tell you, sirs. Very important—But Dobby doesn't know where to begin!"

    "You could sit down?"

    "N-N-Never ever!'' Dobby wailed. Using it's frail, long fingers to cover it's face. He reached for the potato sack he wore as clothes, putting it to his nose and blowing much snot into it. He let it go not a second later, returning to his sobbing as Harry tried to get close.

    Y/n cringed, finally letting his tongue loose, "We're fucked," he told Harry, causing the house-elf to cry harder. And for a split second, the voices down stairs faltered. Vernon quickly seized the silence with a hearty laughter.

    Harry threw his brother a warning look, sighing as he took his attention back to the poor sod sobbing. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend—"

    "Offend Dobby!" Choked the elf. "Dobby has never been asked to sit by a wizard! Treated as an equal!"

    Dobby blew it's wrangled nose on the sack he wore. He sobbed a few more times, trying to contain himself as Harry ushered him down, trying to look confronting and say 'shh' at the same time as his brother just watched the whole ordeal. He contemplated whether or not he should command Dobby, just like all the other Slytherins do to the house elves back at Hogwarts.

    "You haven't met many decent Wizards," Harry said, attempting to cheer him up.

    Dobby shook his head, and without warning, he shot up and started banging his head furiously against the window, shouting, "Bad Dobby! Bad Dobby!"

    "Oh—For Salazar's sake," Y/n muttered, pulling Dobby away from the mirror as he kept chanting. "Dobby, stop that!" he said, hoping it would at least do something to calm him down.

    With a whimper, Dobby limped on his arms, letting Y/n drag him away from the window and onto Harry's bed, where he sat him down. "Sorry sir," said Dobby. "Dobby had to punish himself."

    "Dobby almost spoke ill of his family."
   "Your family?" Harry asked.

    Y/n scratched his head as the two continued to talk. He couldn't help but be suspicious, because what was a house elf doing in their home? No way a wizarding family sent Dobby to get them, wouldn't Dobby have said that first?

    He looked Dobby up and down as he continued to explain the reason he beat himself. His eyes narrowed into slits, "Why are you here, Dobby?"

    "Dobby heard tell," Dobby turned towards the boy, going towards him with shy steps. "That the Potter twins met the Dark Lord the second time, just weeks ago. . . That the twins escaped yet again!"

    Harry nodded and Dobby's eyes became glossy with tears.

    "Ah! sirs," He dabbed his face with the grubby sack he wore, "The Potter twins are valiant and bold! They braved so many dangers already! But Dobby has come to protect the Potter twins, to warn them, even if he does have to shit his ears on the oven door later. . . The Potter twins must not go to Hogwarts!"

    There was silence only broken by the clinks of forks and knoves against porcelain plates downstairs, accompanied by the distant rumbles of Uncle Vernon's voice.

    "No way," said Y/n. "We aren't staying in this shit hole for the rest of the year. If we need to run into danger then so be it."

    "No, no, no, no," squeaked Dobby, shaking his head. "The Potter twins must stay where theh are safe, they are too great, to lose. If The Potter twins would go back to Hogwarts, danger will keep coming for them."

    "Why?" said Harry in suprise.

    "There is a plot. A plot to make most terrible things happen at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year,” whispered Dobby, suddenly trembling all over. “Dobby has known it for months, sir. The Potter twins must not put themselves in peril. They are too important, sir."

    "Who's plotting?" Harry interrogated, "Is it... you-know-who, again?"

    A light breeze tickled Y/n's neck, making his head snap to the window. He furrowed his brows, stomping towards their old, fragile wooden table to open a drawer. Inside was parchment messily stacked, some on their side and some laying ontop of another folded parchment.

    He took one, gently holding the parchment between his fingers as he bit his tongue. Harry continued to interrogate Dobby, and his brother stayed silent with thoughts looming around his head. Dobby wanted to protect them from a plot, and Dobby knew how unhappy they were in Privet Drive because they didn't have anyone but themselves...

    "We need to go back to Hogwarts, Dobby," Y/n said, turning around with the letter held close to his chest. "Our friends will be waiting for us there."

    "Friends who haven't been writing to Y/n Potter?" Dobby said slyly.

    Y/n gritted his teeth. "Bingo."

    "Wait a minute," said Harry, "How do know of our friends haven't been writing to us?"

    Dobby shuffled his feet, "The Potter twins musn't be angry with Dobby—"

    "You've been stopping our letters," Y/n pointed at him, an angered look on his face. "And you made Reinhardt disappear!"

    "Dobby has your letters here, sirs," the elf said. He nimbly stepped out of Harry's reach, "And the owl is safe, very safe indeed."

    He took out a thick wad of envelopes from the inside of the sack he was wearing. Y/n could make out Hermione's neat handwriting, Ron's hideous scribbles and even Draco's aristocratic calligraphy. He felt rage bubble inside his veins. No doubt Harry felt the same, he was eyeing those letters like a hawk staring at its prey.

    Dobby looked up anxiously, "The Potter twins musn't be upset with Dobby... Dobby thought that if they thought their friends have forgotten them, they might not want to go to school anymore...."

    Harry wasn't having any of it. He made a jump for the letters, but Dobby jumped out of the way with ease. Y/n huffed, "Give those letters back," he commanded, his voice as cold as the Slytherins in his common room.

    Dobby shook his head, hitting his head on the wall. "The Potter twins will have their letters, if they give their word to Dobby that they won't return to Hogwarts. Ah, sirs! The danger you will face! Say you won't go back!"

    Y/n was quick on his feet, and ready to bluff to get the letters, but Harry was quicker with his temper. "No!" said Harry angrily, "Give us our letters!"

    "Then The Potter teins leave Dobby no choice..." Dobby said sadly.

    Dobby darted to the bedroom door, pulled ot open and sprinted outside. Harry ran after him in a panic, trying not to make a sound as Y/n sat back on their bed, hands covering his face.

    He glanced at the letter on his hand, a sigh leaving his chapped lips. He stood up and made his way to the door, gripping the door frame as he hesrd Vernon yell Harry's name in anger.

    Y/n ran down, facing the shocked faced of Vernon's clients. He took a deep breath in, "Hello, did you like my cake suprise? Harry tried to stop me but I'm simply too... slick."

    ***

    "Nice cover," Harry said, looking out the barred windows of their room.

   Y/n nodded, staring at their bland ceiling. "Thanks, I improvised."

    Despite their best efforts, Vernon found out that they cannot use magic outside of Hogwarts. The next day, he paid someone to bar their windows with red steel and installed a cat door to slip tiny amounts of food in three times a day.

    Y/n could fit in and out easily as a fox, which Vernon had no knowledge that he was even capable of doing such a thing. He made it his job to steal food for Harry, unable to leave his twin nor free him because of their things locked in their stupid cup board. He had been trying to crack the lock for two days, yet his efforts were futile.

    Life was truly harder without magic.

    Another night, and Harry was awake with his stomach clawing for food. Y/n went out through the cat door again, sneaking into the kitchen to grab the leftovers from the fridge. Even if they disappeared, the Dursleys did not have any reason to suspect the two boys.

    He took a bite out the hard, frozen waffle, making his way up the stairs quietly, making sure to skip the step that creaks. He pushed it over to Harry before coming down once again, this time with the intent to smash the lock open.

    "Wish I could kill locks," Y/n muttered, taking the bobby pin he nicked from Petunia and inserting it inside the key hole. He had no idea what he was doing, but opening this was all that mattered at this point. Once it's opened, he and Harry can leave and go to Hogwarts. He didn't worry too much about how they'll bring it out of the house, he figured he'll just threated the Dursleys with a knife and run really fast.

    Midway through his failing attempt, the sound of revving engine caught his breath. Y/n's head snapped towards the door, squinting to see outside the stained, foggy glass. There was no one outside, much less any light from Vernon's car.

    The revving got louder and louder, making him stand. There was a faint crunch, which followed the sudden silence of the engine. He furrowed his brows, carefully stalking the dark halls of privet drive.

    "What the fuck."

    Y/n came face to face with Fred and George at the bottom of the stairs. He rubbed his eyes in confusion, reaching to touch their faces. The twins also couldn't believe their eyes, since when was this Potter a ginger?

    "We know you missed my handsome face," George said, "But we need to get your trunk up to our car."

    "Your car?" Y/n whispered back as George sauntered past him, crouching to work on the pesky lock.

    Fred leaned into his ear, "It flies," he whispered with a grin.

    "Fuck off."

    "Its true."

    The twins expertly picked the locked, much to Y/n's disbelief. He bribed the teach the trick, and of course they agreed. The three of them lifted the two trunks to their room, where Harry was hurriedly passing their things to Ron, who was inside the car. The flying car.

    "Well, fuck me," Y/n whispered, "Who did you have to kill to get this?"

    The twins gave eachother a knowing look before responding at the same time, "Dad."

    With much elbow grease, the two trunks were seated comfortably at the back of the car. Y/n gulped, looking at the ground. "Can't I just run to the Burrow?" He was the last one to get on.

    George held his hand out, "Don't be such a wuss. I got you," he said with a smile.    

    "I doubt it," said Y/n, yet he took George's hand anyway, stepping into the car with shaking feet. There was barely a gap between the window sill and the supringly spacious insides of the vehicle, but that didn't stop him from sighing with relief.

    Without warning, George tightened his grip on the boy's hand and shoved him forwards with a laugh. Y/n felt himself fall, his eyes widening with betrayal. The Weasley pulled him up seconds before hitting his head on the window's frame. "See? I got you."

    "I'll hex your semen so all your children will come out as fruit bats you fucking cunt—"

    "THAT RUDDY OWL!"

    Vernon's thunderous voice cut his curses off.  Harry's eyes widened, "I've forgotten Hedwig!"

    The Slytherin rolled his eyes, taking a second to leap off fhe car and back to the windowsill. "Fuck you, Harry!" He yelled, snatching Hedwig's cage as the landing light clicked on. He dashed to the window, his mouth running dry as he passed it to George, who then passed it to Ron. He scrambled to the table, looking at the open drawer. His letters.

    The door crashed behind him. Vernon stood framed by the doorway, the light behind him giving an ominous silhouette whilst the moon illuminated his angered features. Y/n kicked the drawer closed, climbing ontop of the table and grabbing onto George's hand again, trusting fully this time.

    Vernon grabbed his ankle, "PETUNIA!" He bellowed, " HE'S GETTING AWAY! HE'S GETTING AWAY!"

    Y/n was quick to kick Vernon on the nose, causing the old man's grip to falter. Harry seized his brother's other arm and pulled him into the car with George, shutting the door afterwards.

    "Put your foot down, Fred!" Yelled Ron, and the car suddenly shot up to the moon.

NOT PROOFED.