49. all the shooting stars and all the silver moons

Mobius caught a nasty flu. Good thing Loki was there.

///

Pairing: Loki/Mobius M. Mobius

Just some Lokius fluff!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!

///

It was strange. Loki hadn't seen Mobius this morning, couldn't spot him anywhere in the crowded cafeteria this afternoon, which marked today the first time he ate alone ever since his life crossed path with the TVA. It didn't bother him that much, really, Loki tried convincing himself so. He'd been a lone wolf his entire life, eating alone certainly wasn't something new.

He never ate alone before, not after becoming an employee-of-sorts for the Time Variance Authority. Because Mobius was always there, sitting across the table — this very same table they always sat at during lunch break — with his salad and his jet ski magazine.

Looking at the spot in front of him now, Loki shook his head as an attempt to rid himself of the annoying loneliness tugging somewhere in his chest in such a crowded and noisy place. He didn't need Mobius to eat with him. He didn't even like Mobius, that arrogant, old time agent. It was good that he disappeared. It should be good.

Except it didn't feel good. Loki let his eyes glue back to his food, it remained untouched so far. He remembered, more times than he could count, eating alone in his chamber while he was still Asgard's prince, living in the glorious palace, because no one wished to have his company.

Thor would always sit with Sif and the Warriors Three, and while they didn't directly say it, Loki was smart enough to know his presence wasn't welcomed, for silence and awkward look would always swallow them whole every time he dared taking a seat next to Thor. So he started eating alone in the solitude of his room. It wasn't really that bad, Loki had always enjoyed his own company.

He hated that Mobius's insisting on eating with him every day made him... soft. Whatever it was Mobius had done. Loki growled slightly and took a bite of his loaf. No, he didn't care where Mobius was, he couldn't care less. He didn't need him.

~~~

Mobius was still nowhere to be seen by the time the clock hit five, and most of the analysts in the archives had already called it a day. Loki shifted uncomfortably in his seat, the pile of files on his desk stood as another proof of his failure. You didn't make any progress today. Funny, it's almost like you can't function at all without Mobius.

He sighed and rubbed the heel of his palm against his eye tiredly. It's not like Mobius to not show up at work. Maybe he was assigned a mission that required him being away.

Or maybe something happened to him. What if he's in trouble?

But the thing was, Loki shouldn't care. That was the problem; he cared very much and he hated that he cared. They weren't friends, him and Mobius, but somehow during the times they spent in each other's company, Loki unconsciously grew mentally attached to the agent. His not being here without an explanation bothered Loki more than he'd ever admit.

There were, Loki looked around, all the informations he needed here in the archives, not just about variants but about analysts, too. Loki didn't know where Mobius lived, but maybe he could change that...

~~~

Mobius wasn't prone to illness, but when he — like right now — came down with something, it was a flu nasty enough that it resulted in him being bedridden. He'd already called in sick this morning, and Ravonna had told him to take all the time he needed. Perhaps she was just nice, though Mobius suspected it had something to do with her not wanting her other precious analysts and minutemen to catch whatever he had.