CHAPTER 4

"Because I'm a spirit. "

"I have spirit too. " Riki deadpanned, losing his little bit patience to this stupid talk.

Actually, he can reach to his phone, dial 911 and report that there's a trespasser that might be a robber or a serial killer inside his house. In his room.

Easy as that.

But the thing is, he doesn't have the heart to. And that's a problem Riki didn't know how to solve.

Because everytime he'll look at her in the eye, he can't help but to notice the gleam of sadness behind those beautiful midnight orbs... It's like as if she's broken and Riki must be crazy thinking things such as this.

"That's the thing" Amber says, looking behind him then back to him. "You have a spirit and I'm only just a spirit. "

Is Riki considered stupid if he says he didn't get, let alone understood what the girl have said? Because there is no way what she said make sense. At all. Well, at least to him.

So with a sigh, Riki grabbed the phone just beside his mug and dialled a number, eyes not leaving the the girl's posture.

"Yes Riks? "

His hyung's hoarse voice appears after a few rings.

"A trespasser broke into my room. " The ravenette says earning a gasp from the other line and a faint 'what' followed by 'I'm on my way'.

In this kind of circumstances, Riki wanted to throw himself to his hyung and thanked him for being 'overacting' towards the younger.

Just like now, Heeseung informed him that he's on his way and he'll get his friend that is an officer to deal with the trespasser before he ends the call.

Riki chuckled, knowing the real reason his friend is dragging his 'officer friend' with him. Of course, his hyung will do that given by the fact that he's scaredy cat and can't even step inside his house. Sure, he says he's not afraid of ghost and stuff but Riki knows him.

The ravenette shook his head from what just happened. Truth be told, he can deal with the girl alone. He can go closer to her and drag her out of his house. Or simply report her which he doesn't have the heart to do so that's why his hyung is the one who he called.

"Stay there and don't move. " Riki spoke, gaze still not leaving the girl.

The latter only nodded as an answer.

It took a few minutes before Heeseung arrived, with a friend the ravenette isn't familiar with which he soon found out the name as Heeseung  introduced them to each other.

Jake, Sim Jake. He's tall but not enough to tower the ravenette as Riki is taller than him. Though the man has a broad shoulders and is wearing a casual clothes which made Riki doubt for a second if he's really an officer from his friendly aura.

"So where's the trespasser? " Heeseung asked just as Riki opened the gate for them to enter.

"Still in my room. " He answered, closing the gate when the two are inside and walked towards the open door of the house, the two following behind him.

"I don't know how she get—"

"She? " Heeseung interrupted as soon as they stopped on a certain door upstairs.

"Yeah? " And with that, Riki opened the door to his room and Amber who's still sitting beside the window, came in his line of sight. He smirked when her eyes met his.

Riki walked inside followed by the two men behind him. He didn't tear his gaze away from her who by the way is just looking at the three of them nonchalantly.

"Umm Riki? " The youngest looked at Heeseung who are roaming his eyes inside the room. His officer friend beside him, both hands were at the side of his body as if he has something there, eyes alerted. "Where's the trespasser? "

Riki cocked a brow. "What do you mean hyung? She's right there" He says, pointing towards the girl's direction.

Amber still looking at them, amusement now evident in her eyes.

"Yah Riki! Don't play games with me now, it's not funny. " Heeseung then look at Jake. "Look inside of that room. " He asked, nodding his head towards the door that leads to the bathroom, which the officer immediately obliged.

Riki frown, looking at his hyung who looks like seconds away from passing out. "I'm not playing games hyung, she's really sitting righ—"

"That's the thing. You have a spirit and I'm only just a spirit. "

Just a spirit....

A spirit...

Riki's eyes widened. "You don't really see anyone, Heeseung hyung? " He asked.

"Stop it Riki! " Riki hissed when the older hit his head. "It's not funny. "

"No one's there. " Jake goes back to where he was standing and faced the ravenette. "Are you sure she's here? I mean, it looks like she have escaped already. "

Riki glance at the girl making her smile sweetly at him causing him to choke all of a sudden.

"Hey you okay bud? " Jake asked, patting the youngest on the back.

Riki immediately nodded his head, caressing his neck. "Yeah I'm fine. " He took a quick glance at the girl then back to his hyungs. "Actually, I've lied about the trespasser" He smiled sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head. "I just want to meet you hyung" He added, gesturing his hand to the officer.

"Meet me? " Jake asked, glancing at Heeseung who are now looking at the ravenette in confusion.

Riki nodded his head, giving the older an awkward smile. "Yes hyung. " He answered. "Heeseung hyung always talk about you and I'm just too excited to meet you in person. "

"Wait, I did? " Heeseung butted in, pointing to his self while asking. "When? "

Heeseung doesn't remember mentioning Jake, or any of his other friend to the younger since he believes that Riki needs to adjust in Seoul first before meeting his friends...

"Umm the second day of work? " the ravenette lied. "Anyway, since I met you already, you two can leave now. I need to rest and catch some sleep" He says, pushing the two out of his room, closing the door behind him then continued pushing the two downstairs and out of the house.

"Nice meeting you again Jake hyung bye! " And with that, Riki slammed the gate shut and made his way inside the house and to his room on the second floor.

"What's up with him? " Jake asked, climbing inside the car with confused face.

Heeseung shrugged. "Don't mind him, he's just really weird. "

Really weird it is. Because if one of them will go back inside the house and to the ravenette's room, they'd found the younger talking to nothing.

———————

Heejake 🤧

Anyway, thank you for reading!