iv. read through

CHAPTER FOUR·

CHAPTER FOUR
·.¸¸.·♪♫ mr perfectly fine ♫♪·.¸¸.·

REECE WALKED INTO THE BOMBSHELL, along with the rest of the drama department. Reece always enjoyed the read-throughs, it helped her figure out which students played which characters and get to know them a little better.

"It's only 74 rehearsals until we can go back to ignoring each other's presence." The redhead explained to Josie.

"Yeah. You sure you'll be ok?" she gave her a small smile.

"Yup, 100%."

"I have to go meet Anne in the art room, she has newspaper questions. I'll see you later."

"See ya!" With that Josie left Reece to find her seat.

Reece made her way towards her seat when she noticed it was beside EJ's. Great, she said to herself. She placed her bag on the floor and took a seat ignoring EJ, that is until he switches Troy and Chad's name tags for him to sit beside Nini.

He looked around to see if anyone had noticed. "Put them back," she spoke, not taking her eyes off the book she had begun reading. "It's a read-through, not sitting beside your girlfriend for a few hours won't kill you." he rolled his eyes, but reluctantly switched them back and took a seat.

EJ turned back towards the girl, reading the cover of the book she was reading, The Inheritance Games, the book he had gotten her for her birthday last May.

"Could everyone take their assigned seats, please." Ms. Jenn called out. Reece placed her book back into her backpack, getting her script out of her bag. "Yoo-hoo, ginger boy. Can you read?"

"Uh, not really." Big Red replied.

"Well, you're reading now. Just the stage directions. Thank you, excuse me."

Everyone took their seats waiting for Ms. Jenn to begin. "I realize that you all walked in here as strangers."

"Actually, EJ's my cousin." Ashlyn pointed out. EJ gave a tight smile, clearly embarrassed.

Ms. Jenn continued, "but after today you're a family. One tribe committed to lifting this classic film to new heights." she was again interrupted, this time, it being Carlos taking a selfie with his choreographer name tag. Noticing the group staring he quickly put them both down, signaling for Ms. Jenn to continue. "Please take your neighbors' hands."

Reece gladly took Big Red's hand.

"Hands." Ms. Jenn said to Ricky and EJ, reluctantly they joined hands. Now, all that was left was for Reece and EJ to join hands, something neither wanted to do. Neither teenager moved. "Hands," she repeated. No one moved. She gave then a stern look, "Hands."

Reece rolled her eyes placing her hand into EJ's. She tried to ignore the familiar feeling of warmth she used to experience. She tried to forget the comfort it used to bring her. Unbeknownst to her, he was doing the exact same thing.