♕︎ 0.1

The summer holidays were coming to an end, and the season for the weddings for the royalties is returning, so much for your own disappointment and you wanted to take advantage of your freedom before you leave the retreat manor and be subjected to ...

The summer holidays were coming to an end, and the season for the weddings for the royalties is returning, so much for your own disappointment and you wanted to take advantage of your freedom before you leave the retreat manor and be subjected to the line of suitors.

But as much as you want to stay for so long as you could, your mother - the Queen had decided to accept the invitation from one of the duchess for tea. Although, you were not oblivious to the fact, this is her way to convince you of seeing the son of one of her friends.

As soon you stepped out of the carriage, you spotted the Prince of Norfolk as he stood among his entourage in front of their little castle, waiting clearly for your arrival and when you made eye contact with him, you grimaced.

How can someone be so weasel looking even in such a luxurious garment?

He crossed the distance to approach you and your mother. He went to your side after kissing each of your hands. "It's always a nice pleasure to meet you, Princess Y/N", he greeted quietly before addressing the Queen with a polite smile, "And to you too, your Highness"

"My pleasure, Nathaniel", your mother said before gesturing for you to remove the permanent frown from your face. It is the usual habit, of her reminding you to mind your manners in front of the public.

Nathaniel Du Burboin led the way through their home, or rather he directed you to the gazebo in the middle of their rather immaculate garden, not as beautiful and expansive like yours, though. The group of lady-in-waiting walked before you and the Prince hanged back to walk beside you. He chatters about his triumphs over the duel competitions, but none of that even enters your mind, only that he would be in for the surprise once he received the news.

A news you, yourself, was grieving over for days and had written to the suspect of such event to take it back.

When you reached the table in the gazebo where Mrs. Du Burboin primly coughed to have her maids helped you to your chairs, and you could simply roll your eyes over her adoring expression to the Queen. The perks of being a stick in the mud just to levitate their status higher is ridiculous. She stopped in front of you and you meet her gaze head on, knowing she's really disappointed for she couldn't have you as a daughter-in-law anymore.

And well, considering that you were too disappointed even more, it was particularly unnerving.

"How have you been doing, Princess Y/N?", she asked, looking at you with a contemplative glance behind her massive floral fan.

You sure knew well when to turn on your charms. "Well", you said finally, not bothering to give her a curtsy. "I heard you've been snooping in and about among our servants, eh?"