22 - King Inaka And His Collusion [FINAL]

King Inaka sat on his throne, staring at the group of demons standing before him. They had come to him with an ultimatum: kill the foreign empress Luna Lo Csia, or suffer the consequences.

The King knew that he could not go against the demons. They were powerful beings, with magical abilities beyond anything he had ever seen. If he refused their demands, they could easily destroy his kingdom and everyone in it.

But the thought of killing the empress filled him with disgust. He knew that Luna governed a powerful country, with armies and resources at her disposal. If he were to assassinate her, it could lead to a full-scale war between their nations. The thought of so much death and destruction made him shudder.

"I will do as you ask," the King said, his voice steady. "But I want your word that no harm will come to my kingdom and my people."

The demons nodded, satisfied. "You have our word," the leader said. "Now go and carry out your orders." 

The King stood, his mind made up. He would do as the demons commanded, and hope that he could somehow find a way to avoid a war. He left the throne room, his heart heavy with the burden of his task.

But contrary to his wishes, one uncontrolled lust demon still wrecking havoc.

----

Luna, dressed in white clothes and sandals, focused on the monster's lump of flesh pulsating and evaporating at the Central City's west gate.

"You have my utmost gratitude, Empress Luna. Your reputation is well-deserved," Captain Enam said, as he and his men knelt and bowed to her in salute.

"It wasn't anything much, Captain. I need to thank you for informing me about such an atrocity, which allowed me to end its sins," Luna replied.

Enam sighed and slapped his knee while still seated on the ground. "I'm useless. I wouldn't have felt so grieved and purposeless if I had the strength you have, Empress Luna."

"But you have a conscience and righteousness within you, Captain. Don't those values embody the valuable spirit of a warrior?" Luna asked.

"Thank you for your enlightening words, Empress Luna," Enam said, "but those values are powerless in these chaotic times. I wanted to change all of it, but I learned how powerless and weak I truly am when I looked back. It's quite difficult to survive in these dark times. I don't know what the meaning of living such a life as a lowkey group captain is. My family was born of humble origins and possesses little strength, so we're resigned to our fate of lurking in this darkness forever, bowing our knees to the demons in power and even making deals with their subordinates. I'm afraid it won't be long before the Iclylic Kingdom perishes in these dark times."

"Please don't be so pessimistic, Captain Enam. The world is unpredictable, and things can change with time. There might even come a day when one of your descendants becomes an overlord capable of changing this world," Luna consoled him.

Enam laughed and said, "Hahaha! You know how to console people, Empress. How could we, who hail from the humble Ekanoa Dukedom, even dream of ruling the world? A future like that will never come to be, I say! Besides, the king will persecute me if I announce that."

"Your king, huh," Luna said, as she planned to leave the city now that the monster had been eradicated.

However, at that moment, a squad of people led by a big-bearded royal knight chief, Tassa, who was the king's retainer, exited from the gate. "It seems like someone has killed that Great Demon as predicted. King Inaka has sent me to inquire about their identity," Tassa said.