Nine

Nadia

Nadia

Harley and I had already finished, and paid for our food, but rather than heading directly to the club she wanted to visit, we were lingering around, making conversation about her and her new boyfriend.

"I originally planned on doing the ninety day rule for Darius, but he romanced me! So yes....I let him-"

"No fucking way..."

"Well damn Nadia, we both grown."

"No no, not that..look behind you."

I couldn't help but stare. Entering the front door of the restaurant was Quentin, with his arm around a girl who looked like a supermodel. He's here..on a date?

"Isn't that..."

"Quentin? Yes, it is." I told her.

"Wow...I'm sorry.."

"Why are you sorry? Him and I aren't anything." I said forcing a laugh.

"I just felt like maybe you had a little crush on him. No one wants to see their crush out on a date with another girl."

"A perfect girl at that.." I mumbled.

"Hm?"

"I said a p- he's not my crush. He's an employee. I was just surprised to see him, that's all." I said, unable to take my eyes off of him and his date.

In my gaze, Quentin briefly looked up— causing us to make eye contact for a split second before I quickly looked away.

"He saw me! I'm gonna pretend I didn't see it, Harley switch seats with me-"

"Nadia if he already saw you there's no point in switching seats." She laughed. "This is LA, you're bound to see someone you know."

"We talked for hours last night, wouldn't a girlfriend come up at least once?"

"I'm not sure...you told me all you two talked about was work." Harley said, crossing her arms.

"Well we did- but, we also just talked about our lives, you know? Like how people do when they meet for the first time?"

"Maybe they're just dating casually. But you don't like him, so what's got you all worked up?" Harley laughed.

"I guess I'm just a little embarrassed, his girlfriend probably felt so uncomfortable with me asking him to an evening dinner. HE was probably uncomfortable-"

"Nadia you said everything went well, if he had a bad time you'd know. Don't worry about him, tonight is gonna be fun."

It was hard not to think about him when the man was sitting right across from me. I couldn't explain why seeing him with this girl was so uncomfortable, I just knew that it was.

This is why you treat your employees like employees, Nadia.

"You're right, tonight will be fun. Maybe we should...get going? I wanna get us a booth at the club, I'd hate for them to sell out."