♕︎ 11

Sunghoon came to see you off as his mother wanted to send you off to the retreat manor as soon as she heard from you of how you have the signs of bearing an heir like they so wish from the previous days

Your husband was helping you to head to the carriage, a hand pressed to the small of your back as he sadly looked at this kind of situation where he could not go with you. He would be busy with his duties as the coming king of the the throne.

Seemingly, he did not hear the whispers of the people peering in from the gates who were taking note of your leave and because he made no comment on it, you didn't either.

Instead, you copied his mannerisms: with your head held high and walking as if you saw no one but him.

Apparently, there were some benefits of being a royalty after all.

When you were already at the open door of the carriage, you couldn't help but smile as Sunghoon glanced away, seemingly sad for you to leave him alone, "I'll be there at once when our baby is finally coming to us"

"And you're just going to go now without crying for me?", you asked quietly, reaching out to grab him in his sleeve. "Aren't you going to miss me for the next eight months?"

He caught your hand, moving it from his sleeve to his chest. When he spoke, it was resolute that you almost didn't know what to say, "You know I will, my love"

Suddenly unable to meet his eyes, you instead focused on your hand which he continued to hold against him. You could feel his heart thumping under your palm; a little fast but even. You cleared your throat to see his mother watching from her balcony, drawing your palm away from his chest.

"If you want", Sunghoon suggested, looking forward to his people, "I can arrange for Lady Elizabeth and Geneva an invitation, so they can visit you there. You will just need to write me when you're available"

"I'd like that", you said quietly, watching him smile from under your eyelashes. "You really wanted what's only the best for me"

And then, as if that was a goodbye enough, he turned to step aside for the coachman to take you away. You reached out quickly, taking his hand and making him look back at you. When he glanced curiously towards you, you forced yourself to meet his eyes even though by simply looking at, it feels like you never want to leave at all.

"If sometimes you just want to come alone, even if they don't want to, just go", you said with a knowing smile, and he looked at you as if he couldn't believe his ears. "Break their rules"

But then you stepped forward to close the distance between the two of you just to prove it. Fisting his collar in both hands, you glanced up as Sunghoon looked down at you like he was really expecting. And perhaps he was. You rose up quickly, and kissed him even quicker. He, like you knew he would, drew you to him and kissed you properly despite of the people watching from everywhere.

This was one of the many kisses that led you to leave because now, there's another life within you, the wish of everyone else was now granted.

He released you at the distant sounds of wolf whistles from one of the balconies where Prince Jaeyun and Jongseong stick their heads out to watch the two of you, given that they, themselves was still not a married men. Not that Sunghoon cared about them, he was just busy pressing hand gently to your stomach with a smile.

With closed eyes, he murmured, "I'm not certain that I will be able to understand your unpredictability"

Framing his face with your hands, you pecked his lips in answer before drawing away reluctantly. "I should get going now, love or else your mother would be horrified for me to stay at the stress of this Castle"

He nodded and grudgingly allow you to step inside the carriage. But not before pressing a final kiss to your forehead. You watched him as he walked down slowly to join his sister in seeing you off at the front steps.

As he watched your carriage clambered out of the parameter of the Palace, you swore to yourself then that you would try to be his wife in all sense of the world. You would be the wife he wanted because he was being the husband wherever he could.

And for the coming eight months, you swore to take care of the new addition in your new life with Sunghoon. Soon, you'll have an unpredictable family, indeed.