20

"Thank you for the food," Jangmi said weakly and ate the food slowly after starving for a few hours. Taewoo added more foods on her plate, "Eat more."

"Where did you go, Jangmi? We are worried about you like crazy. I thought you were coming back with Mr. Jiu."

Jangmi put down her spoon, "I was doing the jungle trekking."

"Alone? how did you do that without your wheelchair?"

Jangmi looked at them and hesitated to tell them the truth but Jaeni quickly caught her just by looking at her reaction.

"Did Riki bring you there?"

Jangmi didn't know how to lie anymore and she nodded making Jaeni sighed,

"Then, why did he leave you alone in that jungle?"

"It's because we heard someone asking for help.  We realized it was Yunjin, so he left me to help his friend."

"He should bring you with him."

"He didn't want his friends to know about our friendship. You guys know how naughty his friends are, right?"

Jaeni spoke up, "But why did he look so calm and relax to show his friendship with Hwayoung in front of his friends?"

"His friends teased them but he looks so chill and calm. Why can't he do that to you?"

"He was still doing it earlier in front of others, "Taewoo said.

"What do you mean?"

"He was helping Hwayoung. I was saving Hwayoung from drowning and I left to search teachers but when I came back, I saw him with her."

Jaeni was surprised too, "That's why he was carrying Hwayoung earlier."

"Why did he carry Hwayoung?"

"He brought her to the hospital."

Jangmi lowered her gaze,
"Oh..."

"So, is he staying with her now?

Jaeni looked at her and slowly nodded,
"Hwayoung fainted earlier and I think he must be waiting for her to wake up."

"That's why..." Jangmi muttered and slowly left the dinner table.

"Excuse me for a while."She went into her room
and locked the door before crying in silence.

Jangmi looked down and remembered what Jaeni said to her. Jaeni was right- why did Riki look so calm and chill when his friends were teasing him about Hwayoung? He knew that his friends ship him with that girl, but he still showed his friendship with her in front of them and others.

But why when it comes to Jangmi, he wanted to hide the friendship so much? he avoided her when his friends noticed them. He just talked to her when no one saw them- The moment he asked Hwayoung to get on his bike, he also knew that other people were watching them but he still did that. It seems like he didn't bother at all-

"But why did he change when it comes to me?"Jangmi muttered slowly and cried more.

She suddenly got a notification from
her phone. She opened it and was surprised when Bogum sent two videos in their class group chat.

She looked at one of those videos and lost her words when it was a video of Riki was giving CPR to Hwayoung. She watched the video while holding the pain that she got, and hurt more when she saw him was cupping Hwayoung's face and placed that girl on his lap.

She watched them and wiped her tears. The moment when Riki didn't stop from giving his breath to Hwayoung hurt her more. She watched it till the end and shut her eyes, patting her chest.