Prologue

(A/N: Hi and welcome. It's my birthday so I figured I'd give you guys a present. That present being this book. Updates, however, aren't going to be every day. Shelley Henning is the face claim, this is a Fred Weasley fanfic and Odette is Sirius' wife, just to be clear. Also I love Draco and would like to apologise for how he's protrayed in a couple of chapters. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Night had fallen as the wind blew and Sirius Black stood at the front door of the Burrow, a confused Molly Weasley standing before him.

"Molly, things are about to happen tonight. Bad things. I need you to take my Rose, please. Take her and look after her," Sirius said as she placed his almost three-year-old daughter into the older woman's arms, a few bags of her belongings, along with some money at their feet.

"But Sirius, why? Where is Odette? Where is her mother?" Molly Weasley asked.

"Odette and I made a terrible mistake, and we have to fix it. Just please, promise me that you'll keep her safe and give her this when her Hogwarts letter arrives," he pleaded as he placed the wax-sealed letter into her hands.

"Ok, Sirius, you have my word. I'll treat her as one of my own."

Sirius sighed heavily in relief as he bent down to his daughter, trying to fight the tears that so desperately wanted to leak from his eyes.

"No matter what happens, your parents love you. Your father loves you so much, Rosalee Leona Black. And I'll see you soon."

"Da-da," the little girl mumbled as she reached for him, only for Sirius to back away, his heart breaking as he did so.

And Rosalee Black burst into tears as he Disapparated.