¹ ° Earth ° ¹

If you asked someone what time is, they'll say 'hours, minutes, days, that's what time is'.

But in reality, those are just numbers made up by humans as a way to track and control their life, to measure when someone is born and when someone dies. But why?

It's not like tracking the exact minute and second of someone's death will change the outcome, because they're still dead.

If you asked the Earth what time is, it would say that time is, to rotate around the sun at the right velocity before it gets too hot.

Every person, every thing has a different explanation for time, whether it's number or a freaking unicorn, time is an anomaly that no one can solve.

To me, to me time is surviving, time is being ready at any given moment and to not be afraid when the end comes. I made my peace with dying a long time ago, but that doesn't make leaving this world any easier.

 I made my peace with dying a long time ago, but that doesn't make leaving this world any easier

Chapter one

Hit after hit could be heard from the small holding cell as the knife ripped through the fabric of the torn mattress, it was shoved up against the wall with the underside facing the opposite side of the cell. The fabric was torn, and filling were hanging out, showing the rusted springs and ripped cotton that it was filled with. Another thunk was heard as the knife plunged into a gapping whole in the underside of the mattress, that looked like it had been savaged by an angry cat. The hilt was buried into the foam as it was a particularly aggressive throw.

It was yanked from the mattress and just as it was about to be thrown again two large bangs echoed from the cell door. The seventeen-year-old girl hurried and flipped the mattress back on the frame before jumping on her bed and laying back casually, knife safely tucked into her shoe, it was a normal process when guards come by each day. The door swung open to reveal her two usual guards.

"Hello boys, nice of you to drop by I was getting bored." She lay casually on her bed, hands resting under her head and her legs crossed, her blonde hair was tied into a tight ponytail with a braid across the side and her signature smirk plastered on her face.

The guards didn't react, only standing there with that blank emotionless look on their face, honestly sometimes she wondered if they were robots, programmed to be as boring as they can. "ugh, one of these days I'll get a reaction of you guys, even if it's the relief when I'm finally executed and out of your lives for good." She grinned.

"Prisoner 1-3-7, face the wall." The guards each held a taser in their hands and slowly walked into the room. Annoyance took over her features and she rolled off the bed, easy landing on her feet as she strolled to the side of the room. "Seriously not this again, I'm telling you I didn't take that knife from the food tray, you've checked my room like fifty times, plus it was like three years ago get over it."