| 13 |

Disagreements & Complications

EunAe rushes out of their room the next morning, her partner nowhere to be found.

"Is he back yet?" She asks, spotting a busy figure in the kitchen.

"Not yet dear." The older lady replies, offering a sympathetic smile as she hands her a plate. "But don't worry, I'm sure he is okay."

"I hope so." EunAe mutters under her breath, letting out a heavy sigh as she looks out the window.

"He'll come around when he is ready. Give him a little more time to sort himself out." She adds, placing a gentle and warm hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Right."

She clearly remembers falling asleep outside the cave, and yet, this morning she woke up in the comfort of their bed.

He must've come back. She tells herself. Otherwise how could I get here on my own?

A familiar friendly deep voice breaks her out of her thoughts.

"Morning," Taehyung greets with a wave of his hand. "I brought fresh eggs from the chicken coop."

"Thank you dear," his grandmother says kissing his cheek. "Go wash up. Breakfast will be out in a bit."

With a small bow, Taehyung disappears somewhere around the house, joining them back at the table moments later.

"Enjoy your meal." The grandmother says. "I'm going to pack up some food for later."

"Thanks grandma." Taehyung says, smiling at the girl sitting across from him.

"How are you today?" He asks, noticing the girl's tense form as she picks at her food.

"I'm okay." She reassures with a small smile. "Just not that hungry."

"I see." He says with a nod, speaking up after a brief pause. "Hey EunAe? Would you like to hang out? I'm free today so I could show you around if you want."

"Really? That would be really nice. I'd like that."

She could really use a distraction to get her mind off certain things.

"Awesome! Meet me outside when you're done then!"

Just like they agreed, when EunAe walks outside she sees Taehyung patiently waiting for her, hands fidgeting with the grass.

When he senses movement, he turns around with a smile, boxy grin in full display as he stands up.

"You ready to go?"

"Ready." She confirms with a nod, slightly jumping in surprise when Taehyung takes her hand.

"Come on. There's a place I want to show you."

"Okay." She says, smiling as the boy pulls her along.

Together they walk towards a canopy of trees, slowing down when they reach a beautiful thick tree with a tree house on top.