NINETEEN

< 🌱 >

AETHER'S POV

I GLANCE AT [Y/N], who was deep in thoughts

I GLANCE AT [Y/N], who was deep in thoughts. cyrus asked us to go to brightcrown canyon for her last part of the exam, which is the most thing she worrying about. it was a combat exercise, she will likely be faced a ruin guard at least, just like noelle's exam before.

me, paimon and [y/n] were walking towards the brightcrown canyon right now and she have been deep in thoughts since our off. she's sometimes almost hit the tree for not watching her steps. paimon and i was so worried that i have to guide her.

now, we are almost arrive when she halt on her steps which make me and paimon stop too. paimon worriedly float to her, "[y/n], are you alright?"

[y/n] was still in daze even when paimon keep calling her. i decided to tug on her hand but she's still didn't response. i face her closer, to our nose almost touching and softly call out her name. this caused her to focus back on her gaze and immediately make an eye contact with mine.

blinking dazedly, we both blow a fuse, distancing our face. "i can't believe i boldly did that!!" i scream in embarasment in my mind.

i cough, "ehem, um i mean, are you alright?" i ask, not daring to look into her eyes as she did the same. "hm? yeah i am.." she dazedly replied, still blowing a fuse. paimon who had been watching sneer.

"you're completely daze." paimon point out and the girl blink, coming back to her sense. "i am? oh sorry."

"it's fine, but are you still nervous about the last part of the exam?" paimon decided to continue asking as i was still trying to calm myself. "get your shit together aether."

"ah? mhmm a little bit." she said gloomily. she was confident second ago and now she's back to her nervous puppy like act. i purse my lips, "it's actually adorable..." i secretly blush again. "aw, believe in yourself like aether said before, okay?" paimon sooth.

"mhm, what paimon said. trust yourself, if anything happens i'll help you." she quickly raise her head and shake it, "no, i want to complete this exam by myself." "stop that, you really look like a lost puppy trying to find an owner.." i grumbled in my thoughts, complete forgot that i actually need to comfort the girl.

"it's fine even if you fail, at least you'll pass the two exam and you'll get into the adventure guild either way!" paimon tried to comfort but [y/n] puckered her lip a bit, "but i want a perfect score."

i frown, holding her shoulder and shake her whole body. "listen, you need to believe in yourself, got it? believe it if you're going to fight the ruin guard, you can defeat it! use your knowledge and experience! you're not gonna fail, you hear me?!" i loudly speak to her. i stop shaking her and huff. [y/n] dizzily tried to balance herself before getting her shits together again.