Chapter 48

"Hailey for God's sake stop running!"

"Why are you so slow?" I giggled and ran faster but Ian quickly caught up to me and tackled me to the snow coated ground.

He landed on top of me and I threw a handful of snow at his face and laughed as his nostrils flared in anger. "Chill Ian"

His jaw tightened. "How can I chill when you're running around without a scarf or gloves?" His angry gaze fell on my bare hands. "Are you inhuman? Don't you feel cold?"

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm super Hailey"

Ian rolled his eyes and pushed himself off the ground, pulling me along with him. He angrily wrapped the red scarf around my neck and forcefully put the gloves in my hands.

Ian brought me to a hotel on top of a snow capped mountain in Switzerland but without even stepping inside I ran off, spotting the beautiful town below. And Ian got super mad but I couldn't help it. The town was so beautiful I wanted to immediately reach it.

"Are you angry with me?"

"Of course I'm angry with you"

I grinned and moved closer to him, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Still?"

Ian shot me a glare and I pressed a kiss to his lips. "Still?"

Ian took a deep breath and slumped his shoulders in defeat. "Fine. I'll try not to be angry with you but don't you ever do that again. What if you catch a cold?"

"So what?" I shrugged. "I'll sneeze a few times. Maybe even cough"

Ian leveled with me with a death glare and I laughed, raising my hands up in surrender. "Fine fine. I won't do that again. I won't abandon you sweetheart"

The corners of his mouth twitched up and he tapped my nose. "Don't call me that"

"Why?"

"Because sweetheart only fits you" He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to his chest. "Call me...mmm babe"

I wrinkled my nose. "Disgusting. You'll forever be asshole"

Ian opened his mouth to protest but I added. "My asshole, if that makes you happier" I grinned and Ian scoffed.

"You're impossible"

"Thank you. Now let's go" I tugged at his arm. "I need to buy some souvenirs and chocolates for my idiot friends"

We went from store to store and Ian ended up buying me three extra scarfs and five pairs of extra gloves in case I forget my current ones and I ended up buying bags and bags of chocolates.

Ian took me to a café and we sat down at a table near the window waiting for our hot chocolate. I looked at Ian, his black trenchcoat, his chiseled jaw, his blue eyes and also the small flecks of snow on his dark hair and eyelashes. I smiled and reached out, brushing away the snow on his eyelashes.

Is this the right time? Should I confess now?

"Ian I-" No I can't

Ian raised a brow. "You were saying something?"

"Umm..." Shit "I-I like this" I quickly retreated my hand and sat back down. "The surprise"

Ian smiled. "Bringing you here is not the suprise Hailey"

"Then what is?"

"You'll see"

I narrowed my eyes. "I'm getting very suspicious"