Chapter 39

don't be maddd

-

Egypt POV

I stood in the kitchen waiting for my food to reheat. It had been a week since Des birthday, and I've only left the house once.

The whole situation sucks because every thing I do, he does. I can't even be by myself cause nobody will leave me alone.

"Heyy." I heard Paris.

"Hey." I mumbled.

I heard the front door open and I looked up. Des, Key and KJ were walking in. I huffed and turned my back towards them.

"How are youuu?" She dragged.

"Fine." I shrugged.

"Wassup y'all." Des walked in.

I looked down at my phone waiting for the microwave to go off. I heard Yana voice before she walked up to me.

"Heyy." She smiled.

"You bitches never greet me like this so please save it." I grabbed the plate from the microwave.

I heard Keys voice making me drop my plate in frustration.

"Fuck it." I mumbled.

I walked to the front door slipping on my shoes and grabbing my keys. I walked out and got in my car taking a deep breath.

The front door opened and Des was walking out. He got in the passenger seat while I stared at nothing.

"You can't run from him every time." He broke the silence.

"I'm doing a good job with it." I shrugged.

"It ain't healthy Egypt, you don't leave the house, you don't speak to nobody." He said.

"I didn't know that was on a check list and I had to complete it to show I'm fine." I cranked up the car.

"You're obviously n-"

"I'm fine!" I yelled. 

He sighed before getting out the car. I threw my head back on the headrest before backing out. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and went to my music.

"I really need to change this." I mumbled looking at my screensaver.

I shuffled it and 'Myself' by Layton Green started playing. I didn't even know where I was driving to. I just needed space, to see other things beside the same people, and the same hurt.

Truthfully I don't know why I went on that date. I was upset and felt like I was getting played, and I didn't wanna look stupid waiting for a nigga.

If we were on a so called break I though I could do as I pleased. He was probably doing exactly what he wanted to do, I just didn't see the point in trying to understand somebody that doesn't wanna be understood.

I shouldn't have to read between the lines to see if you felt a way about me. You could simply tell me, the same way I told him I loved him.

My phone rang interrupting the music. I ignored my dads call and continued driving. I had tears falling from my face I had been ignoring.

I was ignoring everything, him, what happened between us. It was the only way I could cope and move on.

"I miss my boopy bear." I cried.

•••

Key POV

Des walked back in the house sitting down. They all looked at me and I shrugged.

"Y'all ever gon talk?" KJ asked.

"I'm not pillow talking to you niggas about what me and my girl going through. We straight, we always is." I waved them off.

The door opened and Angel and Dee walked in looking around. Paris got up and walked away with Yana following.

"Crickets." KJ mumbled.

"Tumbleweeds." Dee continued.

I threw my arm over my head sighing a bit. The only sense of peace I got, blowing up straight in my face. I just feel like I can't get that shit right.

"Key that nigga Kane gotta go." I heard cutting me outta my thoughts.

"Fasho." I nodded.

The front door opened and E walked in with a bag in her hand. I took this time to look over her appearance. She had on some black spandex and one of my shirts. Her hair was threw up in a ponytail and her eyes were puffy and red.

She went up the stairs and I got up following behind her. She looked back at me and opened her bedroom door letting me walk in.

I closed the door behind me and leaned up against the wall. She sat on the bed and looked up at me. I stared back at her making her look down. 

"Would you like some?" She broke the silence.

"Nah." I shook my head.

She nodded and opened her bag up. She fidgeted with her sheets avoiding eye contact.

I dug in my pocket pulling out two stacks. I counted through them stepping forward. I set them in her hands and she put them on the bed.

"Where ya keys at? Ima go fill ya tank up." I told her.

"My spare keys are right there." She pointed.

I picked them up and put them in my pocket. I walked over to her bed and bent down kissing her forehead.

"I'll se ya later, aight?" I picked up her head and she nodded.

"Bye." She muttered.

I walked out and closed her door behind me. I jogged down the steps and saw they was all gone.

"Nasty asses prolly thought we was bout to fuck." I shook my head going out the door.

I got in her car and closed the door back. I started it and pulled out they driveway.

Shit smell like her.

"I miss my girl man." I mumbled.

-

this is short but i got another one coming