Comatose : P1

Kurt and Blaine drove through the unfamiliar streets of Central City. They were on their way to a Hospital Charity Drive and the drive could t have been more uneventful. Kurt sighed as he stared out the window at the people, bikes, cars, and such. Blaine had tried to make conversation a few times but Kurt wasn't really feeling it.

Eventually, they arrived at Central City Hospital. Blaine excitedly got out of the car. "Come on, Kurt." He rushed his boyfriend.

"I'm coming, Don't rush me." Kurt replied, stepping out of the car and shutting the door after him with Blaine locking it.

~

The hospital was oddly crowded when they went inside. Doctors rushing around, shouting orders at others. Blaine walked up to the front desk.

"Why is it so crowded in here? What happened?" He asked the receptionist.

"You must not be from around here." She realized. "Dr Harrison Wells particle accelerator exploded last week. It caused a lot of injuries and the death of many as well. Horrible, really." The middle aged woman answered.

"That's awful." I said.

"Yeah." She agreed. "Curse that man. Our world was fine the way it was without him adding that big project to the mix. He caused so much pain recently."

"So, what....." Kurt started to ask a question but stopped when the hospitals power went out.

"What's happening?" Blaine asked as angry shouts and cris of distress echoed through the dark rooms and doctors quickly moved away.

The receptionist sighed. "He must be seizing again."

"Huh?" Kurt questioned, both him and Blaine confused.

"We call him our miracle patient." She informed the couple. "He was struck by lightning the day the particle accelerator exploded."

"-Struck by lightning?!" Blaine exclaimed. "How is he even alive?"

"No idea. But, every time he seizes or flatlines, the power here goes out. It's become a usual thing."

"Who's the patient?" Kurt questioned.

"Bartholomew Henry Allen." She replied. "Poor kid. He's been through so much already." She shook her head sadly.

"Can people visit?" Blaine asked her.

"Yeah but only a few at a time. It's usually his sister and father and some others but go ahead." She granted. "He's in room 515."

"Thank you." Blaine said and shooting her one last smile, we walked off towards the elevators.

~

When they found the room 515, Blaine stopped short in his tracks as he entered. "Oh. My. God." he muttered in disbelief and shock.

Kurt couldn't see so he stepped around and gasped. Lying comatose on the hospitals bed was the infamous Sebastian Smythe. Sebastian was the New Directions nemesis but he apparently had a change of heart in his ways after he nearly blinded Blaine, tried to steal him away from Kurt, and threatened to post photoshopped pictures of Finn.

Being unable to comprehend this, both boys rushed out of the room and to the car, much to the confusion of many people who were wondering why two boys were running out of the hospital like their lives depended on it.

~

Blaine and Kurt sat in their hotel room, still in shock but recovering quickly.

"Hey Blaine, I realized something." Kurt spoke up, breaking the silence like a bull in a China shop.

"Hmm?"

"The receptionist said that his name was Bartholomew Allen, not Sebastian Smythe." Kurt stated.

"Look him up." Blaine suggested.

Kurt grabbed a lap top and looked up 'Sebastian Smythe' like his boyfriend suggested.

"There's nothing on Sebastian before or after High School. It only takes about his dad and the Warblers." Kurt explained, confused.

"Try looking up Bartholomew Allen." Blaine suggested the new idea.

Kurt did as he said and Blaine scooted over next to him. They saw recent pictures of Sebastian and it was obvious they were the same person.

"Blaine, why would Sebastian have changed his name?" Kurt asked.

"What's that?" Blaine asked, pointing to a link.

Kurt directed the curser to the link and clicked on it. He read aloud what the article said.

"Local Doctor Murders Wife." He read. "Local Doctor, Henry Allen, was proved guilty of murdering the beloved Nora Allen in the night. Police officials say that they had and eleven year old son, Bartholomew Henry Allen, who didn't seem to be home at the time but claimed that his father didn't commit the crime. Henry Allen is now serving a life sentence at Iron Heights Prison."

"Oh my god. That's horrible." Blaine said. "Do you think that Sebastian is the Bartholomew from this article?"

"How many kids are named Bartholomew, Blaine. It has to be him." Kurt reasoned.

"But why did he change his name?" Blaine asked, speaking the question they're were both once again wondering.