Chapter 61

Charlie and Jessica spent over 3 weeks making the perfect bedroom for Archie, Charlie had built a lot of the furniture himself. Jessica painted the walls, she tried her very best to paint a Diricawl onto the door, they were becoming his favourite animal.

"Are you ready sweetie?" she said holding her hand over Archie's eyes, he nodded a smiled wide across his face, she moved her hand, Archie gasped looking around his new bedroom, he ran around in circles laughing loudly,

"Do you like it?" Charlie asked, holding Anna and Mary, one on each hip.

"Yes!" he shouted, climbing onto his bed, jumping up and down, he bounced off the bed,

"Oh Archie," Jessica hurried to help him up

"I'm okay," he said, rubbing his arm, she chuckled shaking her head at him.

"Can I show Mrs Winters?" he asked

"Yes, when she gets here," Jessica told him

Mrs Winter's was coming to help with the animals and to see the children, of course, Charlie sat in the kitchen with Anna and Mary on his knee, he was writing up some paperwork. He had big plans for many of the animals here, including Dragons, a new Phoenix and Jessica's Wampus cubs.

While they were almost 2 years old, they had grown to be rather big animals, Charlie was glad to know that Jessica wasn't afraid of them. Mainly because she helped to raise them, like she did with River, however, there was no way she would tend to the other Wampus Cats at the sanctuary, as they were more aggressive than Meg and Abi were.

"Sweetie, Daddy needs to do his work," Charlie said, grabbing Anna's hand as she kept moving his papers, she giggled, moving them more, "Jessica,"

"What wrong?" she asked, he creased his brows

"Nothing, why did you think there was?"

"You called me Jessica,"

"Did I? I didn't realise, could just take them a second while I sort all this out," she nodded, taking Anna and Mary into the living room to play with Archie for a little while.

"Hello, is this the Weasley residence?" Charlie turned around, smiling at Mrs Winters as she walked into the kitchen

"You haven't been gone that long?" he commented, she smiled wrapping him in a big hug,

"Yay, Mrs Winters, I have a room," Archie told her

"My, my, you're a big boy now," she knelt down to the little boy, he hugged her.

"It's so good to see you," Jessica said, kissing her cheek,

"It's great to see you too, Mrs Weasley," Jessica chuckled,

"Come and see my room," Archie said pulling her hand, before she left with him Charlie stopped her

"Jess and I are seeing to the Dragon's today, could you just watch them just until dinner?" he asked

"Of course, come here you freckled little angels, they look just like you Charlie,"

"I don't think they do, they only have my hair and freckles as you said," he commented

Archie pulled Mrs Winters up to his new bedroom, she took the two girls with her. Jessica and Charlie headed out towards the Dragon enclosures, while she had explained to him many times that she wasn't the right person to help with this. Charlie wanted her help with something more than the Dragons.

They approached a small hut that stood near the Dragon enclosure he took out a saddle, which caused Jessica's body to tense up. Hoping he wouldn't suggest what was racing through her mind, she admitted that she wasn't totally afraid of everything anymore, Dragons was still a creature she was deathly afraid of.

"What are we doing?" she asked,

"What does it look like, we're going for a ride,"

"Not on that we aren't," she stated, folding her arms across her chest,

"When have I ever made you do something you couldn't handle, trust you'll be alright besides, he's the calmest of the Dragons,"

"That doesn't mean anything, a calm Dragon still breaths fire,"

"Norberta's harmless, come on,"

He took her hand pulling her into the enclosure, he whistled he waited for the Dragon to appear, a large Norwegian Ridgeback flew up from the bottom of the enclosure. Jessica backed away to the door, Charlie used his wand to fasten the saddle around the Dragon, he climbed up on the dragon sitting comfortably.

"Come on," Charlie told her, she shook her head, Charlie shifted on the dragon causing Norberta to turn her back to Jessica,

"Now she can't see you,"

"That doesn't make me feel better," Jessica said, she slowly walked around the Dragon's body, Charlie leaned down to grab her arm, he sat her behind him.

"Are you sure you know how to fly this thing?" she asked

"You doubt my flying skills?" he teased, she wrapped her arms tightly around him, he whistled, signalling the Dragon to fly.

Norberta, jumped down deep into the pit of her enclosure, Charlie tried to hold back his laughter are Jessica screamed the whole down. Just before Norberta reached the bottom she flapped her wings soring into the sky, Jessica kept her eyes, tightly shut.

"You can open your eyes now," Charlie said, she flicked one eye open gasping at how high they were, "she likes the water,"

"Don't you dare," she warned as he eyed the lake,

He flew Norberta closer to the water, the Dragon took over, dunking her head into the water, soaking Charlie and Jessica in the process, he whistled the Dragon flew over to a cliff that overlooked the lake. He jumped down, helping Jessica climb down, Norberta laid on the edge of the cliff, comfortably.

"Admit it, you enjoyed it," he said,

"Alright, it was cool, I didn't think you could Ride a Dragon," she questioned

"You aren't supposed to, but there's a few here that will let me,"

"Why do you ride them, if you aren't supposed to?" she asked, wringing the water out of her hair

"I've been working with them and other animals too,"

"What for?"

"Dad seems to think that it's going to get really dangerous, there are animals here that aren't easily killable, some are unkillable, I've been training and working with them, then maybe we could help, should things get too ugly,"