"So you admit I'm attractive?"

sorry for being a little late! im like super busy all of a sudden and urgh

"That'll be 100 Mora, thank you." Mona extended one hand with a brownie in it. The customer dropped a handful of coins into Mona's hand and walked away with his brownie.

Mona braced her hands against the table, blowing a stray piece of hair out of her face. It was so hot out Mona had wanted to move the table inside, but of course Scaramouche insisted on having the bake sale outside. Better environment, he claimed.

"Better environment," Mona mimicked in a high-pitched voice under her breath. 

"Talking about me?" A voice said next to her ear. Mona jumped in surprise and turned around to see Scaramouche, hands shoved carelessly into his hoodie, a smirk on his face.

Mona's stomach clenched when she noted how good he looked, the sun beaming down and casting haloes in his hair. She knew that Scaramouche wasn't an angel, though, no matter how charming he looked.

"Of course not." Mona crossed her arms, waiting for someone else to show up and buy a brownie. "I try to keep thoughts of you out of my mind at all times."

"Doesn't seem like you succeeded, especially the other day," Scaramouche winked, and Mona definitely heard a girl nearby swoon dramatically. Probably one of those girls like Donna, constantly obsessing over people who would probably never blink twice at them.

"Oh, I have an idea." Mona untied the strings of her apron and lifted the loop over her head, the edge of her shirt lifting up slightly. She looked up and caught Scaramouche flushing at the sight of her stomach, in view for a split second. "Now who's the one thinking about me?" Mona taunted, enjoying the sight of a flustered Scaramouche.

"Tch, I'm always thinking about you," Scaramouche teased, leaning in closer and pulling on one of Mona's pigtails. She took a small step back, cheeks pink.

"Hmph. Put this on," Mona shook the apron at Scaramouche.

"Alright, alright." Scaramouche put the apron on and turned around. "Can you tie the strings for me?"

Mona's breath caught in her throat, but she still moved closer. Her fingers extended, shaking slightly. Slowly, Mona picked up the apron strings, accidentally brushing the side of Scaramouche's hip with her fingertips. Barely audible, she thought she heard him inhale slightly.

"All done," Mona declared, stepping back, eager to be away from Scaramouche. There was something in his touch that made Mona think, act, feel strangely.

"Okay, what do you want me to do again?" Scaramouche asked, turning around again. Mona grabbed his hand, ignoring how her palm slotted neatly into his.

"You stand right here, and look as attractive as you possibly can." Mona said, releasing him. "And I'll sell brownies." 

"So you admit I'm attractive?" Scaramouche teased with raised eyebrows. Mona flushed. Had she said that?

"Shh. There's no talking involved," Mona shushed him and scooted back to her spot behind the table.

"I think that's a yes," Scaramouche laughed, turning back to helping Mona.

---

"990,867, 990,868," Mona counted the Mora coins from their bake sale, excited at the prospect of being able to use all that Mora for her Astrology Club. And then, she wouldn't have to rely on Principal Paimon for such meager funds anymore.

"Trembling at the thought of all that Mora?" Scaramouche said, leaning over her shoulder to watch Mona count. Mona ignored the shiver that slipped down her spine with Scaramouche being so close to her, his hand braced on the table right next to Mona's elbow. 

"S-shutup," Mona hissed, flushing. "This Mora isn't for me, it's for the Astrology Club. And besides, you should have been repaying me somehow anyway."

"Oh really? And why is that?" Scaramouche asked, an amused tone to his voice. Mona could tell he wasn't really taking her seriously, a thought that made her nerve endings spark.

"Because," Mona said through gritted teeth. "Your stupid Harbingers club sucks up all the school fundings. Your members throw a fraction of your wealth into the school, and in turn, the school showers you in Mora."

"Think of it as an investment process," Scaramouche moved to the other side of the table and straddled a chair, winking at Mona. Heat filled her cheeks. In a flash, Mona remembered Scaramouche's lips on hers, pressing with that intense urgency that made Mona's toes curl in her shoes.

"What are you thinking about?" Scaramouche asked, his eyes slanted towards Mona. The pupils had dilated, nearly consuming his eyes. He turned to the side and ran a hand through his hair, as if to dissuade himself from doing something he shouldn't.

"None of your business," Mona said defensively, resuming counting her Mora. She poured it all into one or two bags for safekeeping and stood up, wanting to leave this uncomfortable conversation where it should be. Out of her mind, completely.

"You didn't answer my question," Scaramouche leapt forward so quickly and smoothly Mona had to blink twice. He was in front of her all of a sudden, way too close for Mona's liking.

It made her heart beat faster, cheeks flush, warmth settle in her stomach. And possibly the worst part was, Mona was starting to like the feeling. 

"Well, seeing the way things are going, I'm not going to." Mona hedged, not quite following this conversation. Scaramouche's violet eyes seared into her face, searching for something, although Mona wasn't sure what. 

"I think I know what you're thinking about," Scaramouche said in an almost-whisper, his face dropping dangerously close to hers. So close, Mona could count his freckles and nearly trace the thin scar on his upper lip. She wanted to follow it with her lips.

"Huh?" Mona breathed, her brain frying in all the heat. Her eyes fluttered shut, unable to continue looking at Scaramouche and not do something.

"You're thinking about me kissing you, aren't you?" Scaramouche asked. Mona opened her eyes again and tilted her face upwards, blushing at how his eyes twinkled darkly.

"N-no, I-" Mona took a deep breath and stepped back. "Look, I'm helping you with your grades, and you're helping me with my Astrology Club. That's all this is, so-"

"So?" Scaramouche asked, stepping even closer. Mona could see the slight hurt on his face, but Scaramouche covered it up quickly with a half-smirk, lopsided on his face. 

"So I'm going to be, uh, leaving now." Mona grabbed her bag and ran off, leaving Scaramouche behind her. She thought she might have heard a groan, but Mona ignored it, noise buzzing in her ears.

Scaramouche was getting too close for Mona to breathe, literally and figuratively. She only hoped Mona could keep herself focused this time.

weee sorry this ones kinda bad i have a lonnngg smutty jeanluc fic up if u wanna go read it tho ;)