Ch. 16: Happiness

*4months later*

*10am*

(I woke up and immediately went to the bathroom and threw up. Ian came in behind me to hold back my hair and rubbed my back)

“Do you think it’s something you ate yesterday?” Ian asked.

(After it felt like I emptied my stomach I stopped and washed out my mouth)

“Maybe the seafood restaurant wasn’t a good idea,” I said.

“Well I can stay home today just in case you have food poisoning and we can go to the hospital or a clinic to make sure it's nothing too serious” Ian said.

“You don’t have to stay with me, I’m sure I'll be fine, go to work” I said.

“You’re absolutely sure?” Ian asked.

“Yes I’m sure, go get dressed before you’re late” I said.

“I’m the boss, I can afford to be late,” Ian said.

(I shook my head and smiled)

“Go” I said.

(Ian kissed my forehead and got dressed. I brushed my teeth and then went downstairs and made coffee. I felt like I was going to throw up again but I didn’t)

“I’m never eating shrimp again,” I said. (To myself)

(I took a deep breath and sat at the kitchen table. Ian came down and kissed me)

“If you feel worse, call me,” Ian said.

“I will,” I said.

(Ian left and I went to the living room and watched something on tv. I sipped my coffee while laying on the couch. I felt a little light head so I got to the kitchen and tried to make me a sandwich)

“Not again” I said. (Groaning)

(I put my hand on my stomach and threw up in the stink. I felt so weak so I called Ian)

“Come back home, I feel much worse and light headed” I said.

“I’m on my way, “ Ian said.

(I hung up and made my way to the couch and laid down. I tried to keep my eyes open until Ian came home but I couldn’t keep them open)

*Beep,beep,beep*

(I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I noticed I was in the hospital, Ian was by my side holding my hand)

“What happened?” I asked.

“When I came home you passed out on the couch” Ian said.

“So what did they say is wrong with me?” I asked.

(Ian had a big smile on his face)

“Babe you're 3 weeks pregnant” Ian said.

“What, no, I can't. I thought it wasn’t possible” I said.

“I’ll go get the doctor,” Ian said.

(Ian went to go get the doctor. Ian came back in with a long ravened hair lady)

“Hey Jessie, I'm Dr. Riley” Dr. Riley said.

“Hi, Ian told me I was pregnant and I want to know how because a few months ago I was told I would never be able to get pregnant,” I said.

“Yes Ian mentioned that and I don’t really have a medical explanation for it but it seems after they did surgery on you the scarred tissue actually ended up healing itself which we usually don’t see” Dr. Riley said.