Don't Shoot the Messenger Even if He's Already Dead

Rose's P

Rose's P.O.V.

As soon as we got back home, I was once again hoisted into Lucians arms, as we were walking away I could faintly hear Damien and Xavier yelling at the bodyguards, and at any other time I may have felt bad for them but, it was their job to protect us and they failed.

I mean they must have a gift for disappearing when they're actually needed.

Lucian carried me into an unknown part of the castle, the wall were less ornate and more white, giving off a more sterile vibe. We then entered a pair of double doors and my sense of smell was assaulted by the smell of bleach and lemon, reminding me of the place I first woke up in.

The walls were so clean, and the floor was like something you could eat off of. Not that I would but  they were immaculate.

We walked through one more set of doors, and entered a giant room that had about fourteen beds seven on each side of the wall, Lucian walked up to the first one and set me down on it, not a minute passed before another two wolves came in. The male wolf was in a white coat, which I now knew to be a doctor, while the she wolf was wearing what Lucian called scrubs, which oddly matched up. The doctor came closer to me and without warning started to inspect my arm twisting and turning in anyway he pleased,

"Luna, I need to get a better view of the injury can you please remove this shirt?" the doctor said hesitantly while glancing over a Lucian every so often.

Lucian released a low growl, but relented and helped me take off the over shirt I was wearing. Once the wound was out in the open, Lucian growled again, I don't know why he was so mad I was the one who was injured.

"Forgive me Luna but these marks require stitches", The doctor said in a grave voice.

About 20 minutes later, after a whole lot of growls and threats from Lucian, and whimpers and winces from me, I was finally all stitched and bandaged up. At this point I was more bandage then skin, but I think it was a good thing, they were trying to heal me, even though I was a human.

As we were finishing up in the very lemony smelling room another wolf burst through the doors startling me causing me to jump in Lucians arms, which then in turn caused him to release a feral growl at the intruder.

"Alpha come quick, vampires have breached security." the new wolf rushed out, seemingly not deterred by his alphas threat.

Lucian held me even tighter and darted off in the direction we first came from, I put my head in the crook of his neck, humans weren't met to go as fast as werewolves could or even vampires. Once we got back to the main part of the house, Lucian abruptly stopped. My eyes were still closed, and while I was fighting the urge to throw up, I was then gently taken out of Lucians arms and into someone else's and judging by the smell I was now in Xavier's arms.

Which I didn't realize I had managed to store their scents and figure out who was who, and I wonder what I smelled like to them?

"I've got you, I've got you", he whispered, trying to comfort me or himself, his voice confirming that it was Xavier.

When I lifted my head up I realized we were in an unfamiliar room, to me at least. We were surrounded by about 20 werewolves in their wolf forms making me duck my head in to Xavier's neck. Just because I wasn't scarred of them didn't mean I wasn't scared of other wolves.

But just then the wolves weren't what I was suddenly afraid of, a slow clap sounded around the room that had now gone deathly quiet.

Clap

Clap

Clap

"What a nice welcoming party, and look you even brought us a snack", someone said, the mention of a snack had the room filling with a chorus of growls. It also had Xavier tightening his grip on me, which let me know the 'snack' was me.

"Leave your kind is not welcomed here", Damien's booming voice said.

Xavier then took this moment to put me on the ground in case he needed his hands to defend us, I was beside him so I had a good view of what was going down. There were two male vampires, they had a slight bit of power radiating off of them letting me know they weren't high up but there were above some vampire's. My guess was that they were messenger boys for the higher ups. So Damien, Lucian and Xavier should have no problem taking them down.

"We just have a few things to discuss with you, and of course your new mate," One of the vampires hissed out.

Xavier immediately jerked me behind him, shielding me from the vampire, while also keeping me from view. I had never been this close to one before, but I did know they only saw humans as sex toys and blood bags. Werewolves weren't much better in their treatment of us humans but I would take being beaten over being raped any day.

"This is an unauthorized meeting. Leave immediately or you and your brother will be ripped to shreds. This is my final warning leach." Lucian gritted out, using his Alpha tone no less.

"An empty threat no less, wouldn't want to accidentally start a war now would you Alpha," the second vampire said, mocking the word alpha.

"Why are you really here Sparrow, and Zorah? Surely the elders have better things for you to do, or perhaps you've been demoted?" Xavier said, earning a few wolfish chuckles.

"Tch, were just here to remind you the treaty expires in one months time, the elders have agreed to throw a ball in our territory, and afterwards we shall discuss a new treaty", the first vampire replied, a glint in his eye told me that's not all that would be happening at the 'ball'.

With a final glare in our direction they were gone, and about half of the wolves in the room followed after them. Damien was quick to dismiss the rest, leaving me alone with an anxious looking Lucian, a pissed off Damien and a concerned looking Xavier.

It's odd, they look so similar but they each have their own personalities. And in situations like this one they each have their own reactions, it's very interesting to watch and observe.

"Well, I don't don't like them," I muttered causing them to burst out laughing.

"Yeah we don't like them much either," Damien said after he stopped laughing. Xavier scooped me into his arms, which I was secretly grateful for because I was on the verge of collapsing, too much blood loss for the day apparently.

"Come on mate, you look like your about to fall asleep," Xavier commented. I didn't respond because I was already close to passing out, and I think I did because I don't even remember going up to the room. But I could hear a few faint chuckles.

Edited