Part 10

Anika reaches her house post talking to Mallika

Anika's Pov: Why am I not finding anything about that person, who is it? Why didn't he come searching for me? 

All that she could feel was pain, the pain of missing someone. All her life she was orphaned, first by her parents, then by her adopted parents, and now by someone with whom she wanted to spend a lifetime with. 

Shivaay calls her over the phone,

Anika(over phone weeping): hello

Shivaay: hey, where are you? we have been searching for you at the mansion

Anika: I'm home

Shivaay: But your luggage is here

Anika: I'll come and pick

Shivaay: Is everything ok?

Anika: I'll come and pick (hangs up)

Shivaay in mind: what is wrong with her?

Later in the evening, she comes to the Oberoi mansion to pick her stuff

Rudy: Didi, is everything packed?

Anika(sad but doesn't show): yeah rudy, I just need my medical reports alone.

Rudy: cool, it should be in Shivaay Bhaiya's room, I'll go fetch it for you.

Anika: thank you... ( he is back in a minute with the report )

Rudy: Here, 

Anika: ok then, I'll tell everyone and leave

Rudy: wait some more time na... please, Shivaay Bhiaya is not home. Once he is home I will ask him to drop.

Anika: No Rudy, I can take a cab.

Rudy: no didi, not for that, he would feel bad if you left without saying.

Anika: fine, I will wait, let him know that I'm here. (Rudy waves bye and leaves the room)

Meanwhile, she checks if she missed anything in the room, and settles on a chair to skim through the reports. 

Shivaay: Anika!, all set?

Anika(puzzled): How did I meet with this accident?

Shivaay:  what happened? why are you asking it all out of blue?

Anika: just like that, how did it happen?

Shivaay: A truck hit our car and .., it happened.

Anika: who admitted me to the hospital?

Shivaay: I did

Anika: Are you sure? Was it someone else?

Shivaay: yes, I did.

Anika: Then why does this file has the patient name as Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi? And your name in the spouse field?

Shivaay(shocked): No, I think someone filled it wrongly. That day I was panicking and someone filled it for me, maybe it was the receptionist's mistake.

Anika: I know your handwriting, and I'm sure this sign and handwriting is yours.

Shivaay: I was all tensed that day Anika, I was trying to admit you, so I think it would have happened.  Why do you make such a big deal out of it?

Anika: Then how do you explain this photo? ( Anika & shivaay's photo after marriage)

Shivaay: where did you get it from?